Legality of HID lights.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yerboogieman
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
577 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2012 :  4:14:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Yerboogieman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have found out that it is in fact illegal to have HID lights with "fluted" headlight housings without projectors installed.

I don't have them, I did a lot of research.

At first, I hated them on my brother's truck. But he also had stock fluted housings without projectors and they would shine in odd places and were often dangerous to drive with.

I just couldn't see where I needed to.

So! If you're going to use HIDs in the Cosmo, please, retrofit some projectors so you don't blind people!

If you don't have the time to do it right, when will you have the time to do it over?

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2012 :  10:53:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Believe me, if HIDs were installed on the Cosmo it would be done properly. However HIDs won't be installed on the Cosmo because I hate them. Even OEM HIDs I find to be completely blinding when oncoming. Retrofits are even worse because they are often poorly installed, not aimed and in crappy housings. Unless I can find a reasonably priced auto levelling HID kit that fits into the stock round openings (sponsors anyone? Anyone?).
Go to Top of Page

Yerboogieman
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
577 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2013 :  01:02:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Yerboogieman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I sent you a link on Yahoo Messenger awhile back. (Years)

If you don't have the time to do it right, when will you have the time to do it over?
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2013 :  10:30:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have lately been reconsidering the HID light dilemma. There are days when I decide to install a set on the Cosmo, then there are days when I don't. In order for it to be a "modern" car it must have self leveling HID lights (probably with an LED halo). But I don't care for them. The other flip of the coin is that the front end is so prominent on the Cosmo that HIDs may be a nice style addition.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000