Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Projects/Inventions
 Vehicles
 Legality of HID lights.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Yerboogieman Posted - Oct 14 2012 : 4:14:23 PM
I have found out that it is in fact illegal to have HID lights with "fluted" headlight housings without projectors installed.

I don't have them, I did a lot of research.

At first, I hated them on my brother's truck. But he also had stock fluted housings without projectors and they would shine in odd places and were often dangerous to drive with.

I just couldn't see where I needed to.

So! If you're going to use HIDs in the Cosmo, please, retrofit some projectors so you don't blind people!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Aaron Cake Posted - Jun 01 2013 : 10:30:34 AM
I have lately been reconsidering the HID light dilemma. There are days when I decide to install a set on the Cosmo, then there are days when I don't. In order for it to be a "modern" car it must have self leveling HID lights (probably with an LED halo). But I don't care for them. The other flip of the coin is that the front end is so prominent on the Cosmo that HIDs may be a nice style addition.
Yerboogieman Posted - Jun 01 2013 : 01:02:11 AM
I sent you a link on Yahoo Messenger awhile back. (Years)
Aaron Cake Posted - Oct 21 2012 : 10:53:08 AM
Believe me, if HIDs were installed on the Cosmo it would be done properly. However HIDs won't be installed on the Cosmo because I hate them. Even OEM HIDs I find to be completely blinding when oncoming. Retrofits are even worse because they are often poorly installed, not aimed and in crappy housings. Unless I can find a reasonably priced auto levelling HID kit that fits into the stock round openings (sponsors anyone? Anyone?).

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000