Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

dollat7852
Apprentece

Nigeria
7 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2010 :  09:50:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i wish to become a good circuit maker can soneone help increase my soldering capability.
Thanks

dollat

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2010 :  6:58:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A cheap soldering iron gets hotter and hotter and hotter and hotter until its tip burns off the tinning and rosin. Then it makes horrible solder joints. Its tip burns away soon. But it might not have enough power to solder things since soldering might cool it too much.

I use a Weller temperature controlled soldering iron that is 44 years old and is still made. Its tip keeps its tinning and does not burn away the flux in the solder. It makes an excellent solder joint in 1 second.
Since it does not overheat, its tip lasts a very long time even if it is turned on every day, all day for years.
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  10:46:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Have a read through the soldering tutorial:
http://www.aaroncake.net/electronics/solder.htm

That should tell you everything you need to know and has demonstration videos.
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  12:15:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The tutorial doesn't say a recommended height for the solder to drip onto the solder joint.

I have seen guys drip the solder from a height of 1m. Then the solder joint was horrible.
Go to Top of Page

JUAN DELA CRUZ
Mad Scientist

Philippines
476 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2010 :  12:29:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings!
@audioguru
Hello 'sir' its been a long time.

Well, what is the recommended height for the solder to drip onto the solder joint? I'am a newbie too..

juan dela cruz
Penniless INVENTOR
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2010 :  1:41:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Como Estas, Juan. (my wife is from Spain)
I was joking about dripping the solder because solder joints made by a cheap soldering iron look like the solder was dripped onto the joint.
Go to Top of Page

JUAN DELA CRUZ
Mad Scientist

Philippines
476 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2010 :  12:26:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by audioguru

Como Estas, Juan. (my wife is from Spain)
I was joking about dripping the solder because solder joints made by a cheap soldering iron look like the solder was dripped onto the joint.

Estoy muy bien.

Como estan usted y su bella esposa? Y sus hijos?
(Philippines was once colonized by Spaniard 300 years ago)

Here in the Philippines cheap China made soldering iron is available. It heat-up very rapidly causing its heater to burnt including the plastic handle.

Muy gracioso!

BTW, audioguru is a SPANISH-CANADIAN citizen? ..just curious

juan dela cruz
Penniless INVENTOR

Edited by - JUAN DELA CRUZ on Oct 04 2010 12:33:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  07:36:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Juan,
I am a Canadian Canadian, born in Canada. My wife is from Spain.
I went to Spanish school but everybody there was from South America and were speaking perfect Spanish so I didn't know what they were talking about and so I didn't learn anything.

My doctor is Filipino.
Go to Top of Page

JUAN DELA CRUZ
Mad Scientist

Philippines
476 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  09:22:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi Juan,
I am a Canadian Canadian, born in Canada. My wife is from Spain.
I went to Spanish school but everybody there was from South America and were speaking perfect Spanish so I didn't know what they were talking about and so I didn't learn anything.

My doctor is Filipino.

So, 'sir' you had taken your engineering studies in Canada? That's why you are Brilliant. I wish I could study also in Canada so that I will be audioguru j.r. . But, seriously that is my dream.

Oh, really your doctor is a FiIipino? I am very proud to be a Filipino too . Btw, are you ill audioguru?

Como estas? How about your gorgeous wife and children?

juan dela cruz
Penniless INVENTOR
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  12:25:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am fine today. I had a heart attack two years ago and my Filipino doctor missed it even when I complained of chest pains two months before the heart attack. I nearly died but was saved by an "Angioplasy" operation where they inserted two metal mesh tubes into the blocked arteries feeding my heart which opened them and now I am fine.
Recent tests show that my arteries were fixed quick enough so there is no damage. If I was out walking my dog when I had the heart attack then I would be dead. Luckily I was at home which is close to the hospital.
After my operation I had an excercise program at the hospital for heart patients for six months that made me stronger and now I eat better (less cholesterol).
My Spanish wife is gorgeous and is also fine. My kids are grown up and have their own homes nearby.

Go to Top of Page

JUAN DELA CRUZ
Mad Scientist

Philippines
476 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  2:05:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I am fine today. I had a heart attack two years ago and my Filipino doctor missed it even when I complained of chest pains two months before the heart attack. I nearly died but was saved by an "Angioplasy" operation where they inserted two metal mesh tubes into the blocked arteries feeding my heart which opened them and now I am fine.
Recent tests show that my arteries were fixed quick enough so there is no damage. If I was out walking my dog when I had the heart attack then I would be dead. Luckily I was at home which is close to the hospital.
After my operation I had an excercise program at the hospital for heart patients for six months that made me stronger and now I eat better (less cholesterol).
My Spanish wife is gorgeous and is also fine. My kids are grown up and have their own homes nearby.

Oh, I am very sorry sir for what happens to you. And I really sorry for asking you to much question about a 'simple inverter circuit' two years ago.

My mother now is only 42 year old, and she has severe hypertension causing her left body parts paralyze . The doctor said, she can recover for 5months cause she is to young. After one year, she still paralyzed coz' we don't have enough financial capabilities to assist her medication and needs. I felt very bad for I can't help my mom coz' here in my country effective medicines are expensive . Cheaper one are available too (generic), but not too effective. Just like the cheaper soldering iron that was made in china. .they are waste.

Anyways, I am very glad audioguru (a.k.a. Mr. John Klampfer? Or Engr. John Klampfer?) to have a conversation with you. I have learned alot of things with you .

I will pray also for your fast recovery and LONGER Life! ..coz I will need you 'sir' to answer again all my query regarding 'simple inverter circuit' ...Lol

GOD BLESS . . .You!
...and your Family!

Thank you.

juan dela cruz
Penniless INVENTOR
Go to Top of Page

Michael Santos

1 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  11:55:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good soldering skills can be obtained by experience. Before, I can't solder fine wires and traces on PCB. But now it is very easy for me. I can even solder fine wires into very small traces when soldering mod chips on xbox.Practice makes our soldering skills perfect.
Go to Top of Page

JUAN DELA CRUZ
Mad Scientist

Philippines
476 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2010 :  10:32:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope audioguru is fine.

juan dela cruz
Penniless INVENTOR
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2010 :  10:41:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JUAN DELA CRUZ

I hope audioguru is fine.

Of course I am fine. The arteries in my heart got fixed.
I can run fast with my dog and chase my RC model airplanes in the park.
Go to Top of Page

JUAN DELA CRUZ
Mad Scientist

Philippines
476 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2010 :  12:58:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Of course I am fine. The arteries in my heart got fixed.

Good for you 'sir'.

I think the surgeon used a "High Quality" soldering iron probably not a cheapo type from china. Lol .

And the arteries were well soldered.

quote:

I can run fast with my dog and chase my RC model airplanes in the park.

That is the benefits of well-balanced diet. I will encourage my mom about it. So that we can play with your RC model airplane their in Canada. .Lol'

Still no snow in park?

Seriously, 'Sir' are you a Aeronautical Engr.? ...curiousity!

juan dela cruz
Penniless INVENTOR
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2010 :  11:25:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I made model airplanes when I was 13 years old. Now that I am retired I play with them again.
One of my little RC airplanes weighs only 1oz and flies as slow as I can trot. The other airplane weighs 1.22oz and can climb vertically. The Li-Po rechargeable battery is tiny and flies the airplanes for about 10 minutes per charge. I also have a little RC helicopter that uses the same battery and transmitter.

The temperature this week is about 20 degrees C so snow will be in a couple of months, maybe in December or January.

Download Attachment: RC little airplanes2.JPG
22.95 KB

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000