New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Darkthero
Apprentice

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  4:31:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone I'm new to this forum and i need help finding an circuit that uses a 555 and two 2n3055 to convert 6-18vDC to AC to run a ignition coil/fly-back transformer/or normal transformer. If u send me a schematic it doesn't need to have the 2n3055 i can just substitute it and change the variables. (but really what I'm looking for is something with two NPN's in series or parallel.

The reason i want this circuit is because i want to make a plasma speaker with a 555 as the modulator and the 2n3055's for high output.

If u can help me i would very much appreciate it
Email- Dark_thero@yahoo.com

(also i think i posted this in the wrong spot)

Edited by - Darkthero on Oct 28 2009 4:38:51 PM

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  5:08:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not entirely sure what a plasma speaker is. But is sounds like all you really need is a circuit that generates high voltage? There shouldn't be an intermediate need to go from 6V to 18V and then to whatever HV you need. Why not just go there directly?

There are two HV generators on the circuits page. The one using dual 2N3055s will run from 6V to 30V.
Go to Top of Page

Darkthero
Apprentice

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  5:33:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well basically what a plasma speaker is , is a circuit that generates high voltage and modulates it. this causes the spark to vibrate just like what a speaker dose. here is a video of what I'm trying to make.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEeWtBAE5LY
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  6:58:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The spark does not sound like a tweeter because of the poor high frequency response of the transformer, similar to the problems of an old vacuum tubes amplifier.
Go to Top of Page

Yerboogieman
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
577 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2009 :  1:57:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Yerboogieman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Darkthero

Hi everyone I'm new to this forum and i need help finding an circuit that uses a 555 and two 2n3055 to convert 6-18vDC to AC to run a ignition coil/fly-back transformer/or normal transformer. If u send me a schematic it doesn't need to have the 2n3055 i can just substitute it and change the variables. (but really what I'm looking for is something with two NPN's in series or parallel.

The reason i want this circuit is because i want to make a plasma speaker with a 555 as the modulator and the 2n3055's for high output.

If u can help me i would very much appreciate it
Email- Dark_thero@yahoo.com

(also i think i posted this in the wrong spot)

Did you see the plasma speaker on instructables?

If you don't have the time to do it right, when will you have the time to do it over?
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2009 :  3:36:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
All that sound is coming from that arc? That's pretty cool.

The two transistor HV circuit on this site would be very easy to modulate with a pass transistor.
Go to Top of Page

Darkthero
Apprentice

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  06:44:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ty Yerboogieman
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: