Basic Electronics
 counters
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jep

Philippines
1 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  12:12:31 AM  Show Profile  Send jep a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i'm new in constructing circuits,, what IC's should I use to have 0-60 then 60-0 displays???? please help,,

Darkthero
Apprentice

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  07:13:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im unable to find a schematic that will only count to 60 probly because it will need to be programed. there are some 2 digit 0-99 counters
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  09:31:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You could modify the counter circuit on this website to have two digits (instructions are on the page) and then set up a system of AND gates to trigger a reset when the output of the display is showing 60, but that seems like a lot of work. Program a PIC to count to 60 and reset.
Go to Top of Page

boron
Mad Scientist

Canada
223 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2009 :  9:51:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yhep, without a micro controller this would be a lot of wiring. You'd need a bunch of 4017's and then you'd need to rig a series of AND gates like Aaron said to trigger them correctly. I've done this with two 4017's to count to 16 and even that was kinda long to do.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000