Basic Electronics
 led 12 volt vaiable powered lighting system
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jelly

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2009 :  7:03:22 PM  Show Profile  Click to see jelly's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i am interested in buildin a light system for my tattoo machine to light up where my hand is ...its a flex light from a car flashlight...i have a 3 to 15 volt variable power supply when i step on the foot pedal it lights up and when i lift my foot off it shuts off if there is a way i can get it to work for more than an hour ....before it starts to smoke....i am runnin out of leds ....and patience please if anyone out there can help me out .....thank you ...also there is another light out there but it only uses 1 led .....mine had as many as twelve in a flashlight housing.....i am not sure how to or how many ....resistors to series or parrelel or what have you to make this work....thank you for your time

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2009 :  10:15:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your circuit is an extremely simple electric one, it does not use electronics.
Which part of it smokes? Then it is obviously overloaded.
Please post its schematic with part numbers.
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  10:11:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My guess is that you need a series resistor before the LED.

Is your tattoo gun AC or DC? Most LEDs don't appreciate a reverse bias that you would get with an AC signal.
Go to Top of Page

Darkthero
Apprentice

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  07:00:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just use like a 330 ohm resistor in series on the ground wire and if the led still smokes increase resistance.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000