Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2003 :  4:27:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
30 seconds ago I recieved a message from the forum administrative email address. It was from a student asking for circuits so he can finish his course.

Now, the problem is that this address is to be used for forum administrative stuff only. There is even an announcement at the top of the page asking people not to send other stuff to forum@aaroncake.net . In addition to that, on top of EVERY SINGLE ELECTRONICS PAGE there is a statement saying that I am no longer supporting the electronics stuff. There are also TWO DIFFERENT statements on the Contact page asking people not to send electronics requests because I am no longer answering them, and will simply delete all electronics related email. To make matters even more obvious (in case some of the slower readers of this website have missed it) there is yet ANOTHER page emailed to you when you request my email address, which states yet AGAIN that I don't answer electronics questions. How much more in your face can it get?

The point is that this individual (who will not be named....*cough* David Pearce *cough*) obviously went through all that, and then found the forum admin address and decided to send his question anyway. What, did he think that it would just "slip through" and I'd answer it? Did he believe himself to be special, so that again I would be somehow compelled to answer it? What the hell is going through these people's heads?

It is because of people like this that I just plain stopped supporting the electronics stuff. Not only is he asking me to do his homework, but he can't even follow a simple instruction (which you know he read, or else he wouldn't have resorted to the forum address) not to ask about these things.

And to top it all off, he had the audicity to ask me to snail mail (at my cost) him the info!

Get it through your heads you morons, the only time I will EVER AGAIN answer an electronics question is if it is posted on this forum, and even then only when I feel like it!

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

61 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2003 :  10:59:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aaron!!!
I am perfectly in accordance with you and I am AFRAID... someday, because of stupid people who act like idiots or nuts, will force you to SHUT DOWN this super website :(
Is there a way you can just erase any email address so NOBODY can reach you??? Stupid people see an email adress and they just dont see the warnings.. Anyway, it was my opinion, sorry to take your time once again :) Bye now Aaron, André

Go to Top of Page

Alien
Apprentice

Canada
149 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2003 :  3:31:46 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Alien's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I Hope not.. Ugh..,.

-----------------------------
Andrew
13/m/Canada

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2003 :  11:23:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
If I eliminate my email address, then no one would be able to contact me. There are lots of people with legitimate questions I am happy to answer.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

67 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2003 :  11:57:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aaron... you should make the link that contains your email address "email me only if this is a question about something not dealing with electronics...lol if they still send email... post they email addys in a fourum and ill spam the hell out of them

~ ~ ~ ~ [] []v[] []D //-\\ (( =[]= ~ ~ ~ ~
Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

67 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2003 :  12:02:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iv'e Even Gone Ahead And Made The Code For You Since I'm Such A Nice Guy

<a href=mailto:forum@aaroncake.net>click this to email me only if this is a question about something not dealing with electronics, otherwise be subject to massive amounts of spam</a>

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

67 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2003 :  12:09:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
in fact also post this as a footnote

Note: In case you are a moron and you still feel the need to send email to me about electronics, please send the email <a href="mailto:stsst24@adelphia.net?subject=I Have An Electronics Question Which I Am To Lazy To Post">here</a> and we will start spamming you as soon as possible.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

191 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2003 :  4:35:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to start my own page in the past. But not I remmber why I didn't. The worst thing about that is that kind of people have a job or will have a job and they will make that kind of shit in there job. I wish that I will never had to work with them. And I wish that they never had to work with dangerous thing like nuclear or something. Beacause of people like this that I'm efraid to take the air plain.

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2003 :  12:01:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
impact: I do not condone spamming of any kind. Electronics questions are simply deleted, it's just that easy. I believe that it is made clear on my site roughly 5 times what will happen if someone sends an electronics question, so I have no sympathy for those who cannot even follow simple instructions.

ben_seg: It sounds like you have some interesting stories to tell...Care to share?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

67 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2003 :  12:09:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont think aaron loves me anymore

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2003 :  5:04:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
LOL. I just don't think you should be spamming. Besides, if you do, your ISP will cut your account.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

67 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2003 :  11:59:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arron: I know a few more tricks than that. I could easily just log into a university's email server throught telnet, masking my ip of course. then send out ghost mails from who/what ever i want. Its actually quite easy. Then i could write a program to automate that and "viola" traceless spam

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

191 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2003 :  12:58:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More easyer than that. Just go in pub place and register him at every crap.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

61 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2003 :  10:12:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Impact: "viola" is a very bad word... you should use "VOILA"

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2003 :  09:52:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It's not that simple nowadays. Spam is a serious problem, and most mailservers do not allow outside relay. Those who are are quickly blocked (in fact, I block a vast majority of them, as well as the entire country of Korea and Russia, where most spam seems to come from).

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

67 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2003 :  11:59:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL @ Aaron

But in response, that is why i said universitys cause they dont block incoming relays due to the fact that if students need thier school email outside of school they use telnet to recieve it

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000