Columbia Space Shuttle
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alien
Apprentice

Canada
149 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2003 :  7:25:58 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Alien's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
For those who don't watch the news or listen to the radio. Nasa lost contact with columbia and short after that it broke appart in flames...

For more info go to www.canada.comnational/features/shuttle/

-----------------------------
Andrew
13/m/Canada

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2003 :  11:20:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yep, saw it yesterday morning. And only a week after the anniversary of Challenger.

But the stupid people in the US think it was an act of terrorism. Dumbasses.

Go to Top of Page

Alien
Apprentice

Canada
149 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2003 :  4:25:16 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Alien's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Not apparently... And not little green aliens either... The shuttle was old, rebuilt but still old.

Andrew
13/m/Canada

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

67 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2003 :  1:42:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bah i wrote a huge ass essay about how disgruntled i was with this whole situation, then the network went down and i lost it all... now im not nearly as fired up, so i am going to hold back my opinion for now

~ ~ ~ ~ [] []v[] []D //-\\ (( =[]= ~ ~ ~ ~
Go to Top of Page

Alien
Apprentice

Canada
149 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2003 :  6:08:52 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Alien's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol

Andrew
13/m/Canada

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

191 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2003 :  2:46:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sure is that stupid things that damage the border of the Columbia when it quit the planet beafor the whole mission. Here again another error of judgment.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

3 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2003 :  9:01:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IMO as an American citizen, I regretfully fear that the loss of the shuttle is going to turn out to be due to beureaucratic stupidity. Too many times, things like standards of inspections are allowed to fall for the sake of a budget. I fear it's a matter of, "Just keep them flying..." or "Eh...looks okay to me, besides, I can't see it from my house." They knew something may have caused damage at liftoff. I find it hard to believe that parts couldn't have been sent up and that repairs couldn't have been made before returning. It makes me sick to my heart that NASA answered the loss of the astronauts with,"Well, we knew about it but we deemed it safe for re-entry anyway." They were more worried about the expense of doing things right than about the safety of the astronauts. Regretfully, this kind of uncaring attitude is overly prevalent here in the US and it often makes me ashamed of being an American.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

191 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2003 :  3:35:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trust me it's not just an american problem it's more a human problem.

Go to Top of Page

Hassan Kude
Apprentice

Nigeria
63 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2003 :  10:45:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what a bad day for science.
what a bad day for me to.
anyway can't change it,but we can prevent future occurences.

Zig Zag
Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2003 :  9:05:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have to agree that it was probably because someone didnt think that their was a problem. If a tile had come off they could of easily sent it up in one of the russian rockets that refuel the space station, and the shuttle could of docked with the ISS and made repairs

I saw it (well at least the contrails) and heard it (woke me up). it was kind of eerie. Its kind of sad that it takes a tradgedy to bring the shuttle back into the news. I for one didnt even know that it usually passes over texas on the re-entry.
and unlike the news there wasnt shit in palestine TX i drove out there to see if i could find some debree and didnt see anything. kind of hoped that i could find a little piece of the tile or something (isnt that sad) but now i am glad that i didnt seeings how they arrested people who keept pieces

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000