Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2003 :  09:26:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Whoa....You're saying magnets bend a laser beam? Have you ever tried that? I'm not a physics person, but I would assume that photons are not effected by magnets. Or if they are, it would take an ENORMOUS magnet to move a laser. Photons and electrons are more then a little different.

But again, we cannot see a laser beam in the air since it doesn't reflect off anything.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

96 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2003 :  11:16:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cool_tejinder, i remembered that you provided some very good insight on another scientific topic, and so i was interested in what your view on it was... Has anyone seen a working demo, or has heard anything about else about what goes on with this thing? Or, does anyone know what stimulates IO2... Sorry I personally haven't had the time that I like to research it, and I haven't been able to speak with my physics teacher here about it. So here's what is known i believe: the device ejects air that it has modified with IO2, and then photons mix with that air to produce the picture.

Yesterday USA, Jetzt Deutschland... RYE
Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2003 :  12:07:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
to bad the site didnt have any patent numbers. I tried searching, but it doesnt look like they have any patents yet.

I still think that they have the air bending or reflecting the image. as fr the io2, they say that they do not add anything to the air, just modify it

Go to Top of Page

Kale
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
795 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2003 :  12:19:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kale's Homepage  Send Kale an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe the I isn't for iodine then? Maybe it means 'Image' O2 and they're just manipulating the oxygen in some way. Hrm. It's definately not magnets though. Magnets can alter the polarization of light, but not really its direction of travel. To have ANY effect at all on the polarization alone you need muchos Gauss of field strength. Way too much to safely put in an imaging device.

Go to Top of Page

cool_tejinder
Apprentice

India
112 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2003 :  12:33:08 PM  Show Profile  Send cool_tejinder an AOL message  Send cool_tejinder a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
First thing is very clear they cant use iodine, cuz an isotope of it is radioactive so that would be disallowed legally, n its high resemblance to astitine n high atomic no. n mass combine that with lasers or high power magnets n u have the perfect recipe for a home brewed disaster. I am not saying that lasers are used u can use a ray of light in the microwaves or xrays or gamma/beta rays region. with low power these rays can be bent with magnets, else if light is used its being focused n then scanned over the area where the image is to be projected by tilting the mirrors. As for the prism apparatus i would have to calculate the distance upto which the projection can be made n the intensity of beam required to do so. which i cant just now cuz i am preparing for some exams of mine. Though if u recieve any info do post it so we all can analyse it.

Go to Top of Page

Nerf Smurf
Mad Scientist

USA
390 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2003 :  11:42:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nerf Smurf's Homepage  Send Nerf Smurf a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The device modifies the properties of air within a localized environment. Air comes into the device, is ejected and illuminated using a proprietary technique in which the photons and air produce the image. There is no harmful gas or liquid. Nothing needs to be refilled. It is just ambient air. Furthermore, the image is interactive, like a virtual touchscreen, allowing a hand or finger to be used as a mouse. No special glove or pointing device is required. This is not holography.

The projected image is planar (2D) but appears 3D when viewed anywhere beyond a few feet away since there is no physical depth reference. Like any computer monitor, it can project simulated 3D. Images from the current prototypes can be seen up to 75°s off aspect for a total viewing area of 150°s. The image is invisible (transparent) from behind. In future versions, the behind image will be togglable between invisible, same as front image or different from front image. No special glasses or background/foreground screening is needed to view the images. In the current prototypes, the images float above the Heliodisplay. In future versions, the Heliodisplay will be rotatable, so that images can be projected to the side or even down.

Edited by - Nerf Smurf on Oct 30 2003 11:45:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2003 :  8:27:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
still that doesnt explain how.
I saw another clip on it. the top was really ragged and fluxuating kindof like an upside down waterfall or somthing

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

96 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2003 :  08:33:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
where did u see this! please post ur findings on this thing... did anyone hear how it went over at the trade shows it was supposed to appear at?

Yesterday USA, Jetzt Deutschland... RYE
Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2003 :  3:05:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I keep seeing it on Tech TV (I watch way to much TV) you might be able to see the clips from there www.techtv.com

if you were to project an image on to a sheet with air blowing up it thats how the top edge looked, but the image was flat not waving

Go to Top of Page

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2004 :  07:11:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Umm, would pulsing light really fast make it travel only the distance the light is on for in the pulse cycle.

Go to Top of Page

Kale
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
795 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2004 :  6:14:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kale's Homepage  Send Kale an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
No. When you turn on a light you are releasing photons. The photons keep going until they hit something.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

9 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2004 :  8:41:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know that there is NOTHING released into the air because thats what is says on the website. It also says that there is nothing to add to the projector. So it musn't be any kind of gas released from the projector. It also states that if the projector was left on in a room for a week, there would be no change to the environment. (Nothing released)

Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2004 :  12:39:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My guess is that it does something to the air causing it to refract light. Like a projector tv, with the air being the screen.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

13 Posts

Posted - May 03 2004 :  9:32:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Light waves cannot be bent with the use of magnets as far as I know. Light is simply made up of magnetic fields that osccilate perpendicular to an electric field. Both fields act together to continuously pus light outwards or away from its point of origin which would be from an electron that is returning from an excited state to a more stable ground state. So it is imposible to use magnets to bend light because magnetic fields do not have any effect on electromagnetic fields.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000