New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

35 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2004 :  09:35:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey,
i was recently browsing through my local hardware store, and i stumbled across magnesium sulfate.
me and my friends often enjoy the occasional "bomb". ofcourse we arent immature stupid little dick weeds. we have a small bomb site where no one, and i mean no one is around. so dont imagine us being stupid. anyway, back on topic. i know that potassium nitrate reacts well with sugar. does this mean that sugar and the magnesium sulfate would react? basically, i want to make this magnesium sulfate react so when lit, it will be good. i dont want to go buying random ass chemicles etc to make it react tho...
i would really appreciate it if u guys helped me out...thanx alot

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

35 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2004 :  03:26:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
can sum1 please help...please...

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2004 :  09:14:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Get a chemistry text, look it up. Magnesium is pretty reactive unless combined with something else (like the sulphur salt you found).

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

13 Posts

Posted - May 03 2004 :  6:15:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I could be wrong but I'm sure you don't have a license to mess around with pyrotechnic mixtures and there for you are in violation of federal, state, and local laws. So if you don't have a license than I would suggest that you see about getting one through your states fire Marshals office in order to keep yourself from getting arrested.
<p> By the way If you have to ask a question like this than I would say that you don't know what your doing and therefore you are allready putting yourself in grave dange by attempting to make explotive mixtures. Magnesium sulfate is inert. In other words it is very stable and unreactive. If you heat it to high enough temperatures you might be able to get it to decompose into its metal oxde (MgO) and sulfur dioxide gas (SO2) but that is about all it will do. Now if you stumbled across magnesium persulfate or any type of persulphate (S2O8) you could have some fun of course perchlorates are even more interesting. Of course you should make sure that you educate yourself a bit before you experiment because what you don't know can kill you. Certain chemical mixtures and compounds can explode with very little mechanical shock.
<p> Also many compounds are incompatible with each other. This means that they can react violently enogh to explode or set things on fire. The following is a short list of incompatible substances that are found aroun the house.
<p> Permaganates when mixed with ( organic chemicals, powderded metals, solvents, glycerol)
<p> Sodium dichloroisocyanurate, potassium
dichloroisocyanurate, Dichloro and trichloroisocyanuric acids when mixed with (organic chemicals like pineso, and solventsl, they start fires, Acids -they release Cl2)
<p> Iodine tincture is incompatible with houshold ammonia due to the NI3 that forms.
<p>The following acids are such strong oxidisers that they will start certain or all organic materials on fire in an extremely vilolent or explosive manner. (sulphuric acid, nitric acid, chloric acid, perchloric acid)
<p> Calcium hypochlorite has also been known to cause activated carbon to undergo an auto oxidation and cause fires.
<p>linseed oil soaked cloths can also undergo auto-oxidaton all by themselves and start on fire if they are left in a heap.
TAKE MY ADVICE AND LEAVE THE EPLOSIVES TO THE PROFFSIONALS!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

13 Posts

Posted - May 03 2004 :  6:20:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I could be wrong but I'm sure you don't have a license to mess around with pyrotechnic mixtures and there for you are in violation of federal, state, and local laws. So if you don't have a license than I would suggest that you see about getting one through your states fire Marshals office in order to keep yourself from getting arrested.
By the way If you have to ask a question like this than I would say that you don't know what your doing and therefore you are allready putting yourself in grave dange by attempting to make explotive mixtures. Magnesium sulfate is inert. In other words it is very stable and unreactive. If you heat it to high enough temperatures you might be able to get it to decompose into its metal oxde (MgO) and sulfur dioxide gas (SO2) but that is about all it will do. Now if you stumbled across magnesium persulfate or any type of persulphate (S2O8) you could have some fun of course perchlorates are even more interesting. Of course you should make sure that you educate yourself a bit before you experiment because what you don't know can kill you. Certain chemical mixtures and compounds can explode with very little mechanical shock.
<p> Also many compounds are incompatible with each other. This means that they can react violently enogh to explode or set things on fire. The following is a short list of incompatible substances that are found around the house.
<p> Permaganates when mixed with ( organic chemicals, powderded metals, solvents, glycerol)
<p> Sodium dichloroisocyanurate, potassium
dichloroisocyanurate, Dichloro and trichloroisocyanuric acids when mixed with (organic chemicals like pinesol, and solvents, they start fires, Acids -they release Cl2)
<p> Iodine tincture is incompatible with household ammonia due to the NI3 that forms.
<p>The following acids are such strong oxidisers that they will start certain or all organic materials on fire in an extremely vilolent or explosive manner. (sulphuric acid, nitric acid, chloric acid, perchloric acid)
<p> Calcium hypochlorite has also been known to cause activated carbon to undergo an auto oxidation and cause fires.
<p>linseed oil soaked cloths can also undergo auto-oxidaton all by themselves and start on fire if they are left in a heap.
TAKE MY ADVICE AND LEAVE THE EPLOSIVES TO THE PROFFSIONALS!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000