New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tejustejus

India
1 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  12:31:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear sir,

I would have using Digital timer for my Outside lights ( FRONTIER DIGITAL TIMER TM619H). In the normal Electricity( 220VAC 50 HZ) from the Government supply ( KSEB) it works, and I am satisfied. But if the Power supply fails, My inverter generated supply ( Not Pure sine wave [ old model] ) substitute the power, but the Timer starts to generate hea SEVERELYt.
Now I installed one timer to my Aunt's house, there is also the same problem arised and blasted the Timer.
I dismandled the item and found some information that described below.

The Power Supply section of the timer using a Resistor Capacitor Diode combination. The said Capacitor was Blasted.
The rating of the
Capacitor - 474K 300V.
Resistor - 19K ohms 2 NOS
Diode - 1N 4004.

Can you help me in this issue to modifiy and reinstall the Circuit. The Out put is throgh a relay ( model: TR90-48VDC-SC-A4 R)

Download Attachment: DIGITAL TIMER POWER SUPPLY SECTION.jpg
36.84 KB

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  10:20:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It's just a very simple supply using resistors to drop the voltage for the rest of the circuit.

Old inverters probably will easily fry the capacitor. Your inverter likely never produces a voltage below zero.

Try rectifying it before the capacitor.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000