Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Electronics
 Basic Electronics
 Aaron recommended a circuits site to me.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2010 :  12:38:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think the issue is with how the spectral output of the LED relates to the EYE. When I was playing with blending LED colors, the yellows were not as bright as the other colors When you looked at the spectral emission of the LEDs they had really narrow outputs at red blue and green and not much output in between.

Edited by - BEatonNo1 on Aug 02 2010 12:41:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2010 :  09:47:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when you mix red light and green light your eyes see yellow light.
With R, G and B in the correct ratios you can make perfect white that contains all colours.
Colour TVs use R, G and B to make millions of colours.
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2010 :  10:36:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I know there is only a tiny amount of mercury, but it does all add up and it makes sense to keep it out of the environment. Fluorescent tubes pose a similar problem. Incandescent lamps are much more "friendly" aside from the power usage since most of them aren't packed with toxic chemicals. Glass, tungsten, argon, a coating, some lead, and steel. Most of the incandescent bulbs at my place were well over 5 years old when they were replaced with CFLS. And in the mean time, at least 8 CFLs have needed to be replaced. 3 of those actually caught fire, 2 were about to. I use so much power that paying for a few extra electrons to run some incandescent lamps doesn't bother me. I've noticed no savings since switching to CFLs anyway.
Go to Top of Page

RRITESH KAKKAR
Apprentece

India
23 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  09:25:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have Mosfet & It's working But have a doubt How to know whether it's Depleted or Enchan. Mosfet I remember in class lecture It was told That depleted mosfet On GATE suply It Does not give o/p But in Experiment I azm not able to understand this.............!
Go to Top of Page

boron
Mad Scientist

Canada
223 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  10:00:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What does that have to do with a subwoofer crossoever circuit, colour spectrums or anything else that was brought up in this thread? Stop hijacking them and start your own. Your post is also quite difficult to understand.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000