CRT monitor
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cyclopsitis
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
732 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  8:15:24 PM  Show Profile  Click to see cyclopsitis's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have an envision CRT computer monitor that all the sudden quit working. It will "power up" but the power light will be very dim. Then it tries to come out of standby but then you hear the relay click again and it shuts off (to standby again). I took it apart and re-flow solder joints that looked bad but still the same thing. Oh yeah something werid. When it is plugged into the computer it does what I described above but when I unplug it all the lights on the front flash at full brightness (remember when its plugged in the power light only dimmly glows) weird eh? does anyone have an idea where the problem is?

K

The7thGuest
Apprentece

12 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2008 :  03:08:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit The7thGuest's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I imagine there is a problem with the CRT power supply or tube it's self. Monitor's that are reasonably recent are pretty smart, they will only try to fire photons at the screen if there is a cable connected & its receiving a signal (unless its one of the ones that says signal lost). A possible reason is that the CRT tube is drawing too much current from the power supply causing the voltage on other modules of the monitor to drop, this would result in the dimming of the LED's...

Its just a guess though...

http://www.buildfunstuff.com - When commercial projects just don't cut it!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000