flashing TV picture
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sloetell

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2008 :  7:29:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a Sony 37" Trinitron and the pictures flashes on and off constantly. The picture is still good but every 15 - 20 seconds it flashes. Any idea what is wrong. It is so heavy I'm trying to figure out if it is worth getting repaired.

gagandai555
Apprentece

Australia
18 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2008 :  04:10:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sony 37'' Trinitron has a CRT display where the image is produced by modulating the intensity of the electron beams with a received video signal. These beams are deflected by magnetic deflectors with varying magnetic fields generated by the coil inside. The entire front area of the tube is scanned systematically in a fixed raster pattern.
The problem might have been occured in the refreshing speed which is caused by the electron gun that injects the electron beams from the anode or may be because of magnetic deflectors which might also cause shadow masking.
If it is a flicker problem, you can use High Refresh Rate Screen Filters above 72 HZ which neglets flickers. Demagnatising problem is uaually called degaussing. Mordern Televisions usually have degaussers. If you are facing shadow masking too, your degausser might have been broken.
You will also have to see whether your electron gun in the cathod ray tude is working properly and how's the refreshing speed going.
Go to Top of Page

sergiosparks
Apprentice

Philippines
132 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2008 :  11:56:40 PM  Show Profile  Send sergiosparks an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
See if this could cure the problem. Shunt a 470uF 35v accross the 12 Volt DC Line that comes
from the flyback transformer maybe that supply is not clean enough that is makes the processor
crazy affecting the picture.If steadies the picture then you are sure that the filter capacitor of that 12 v line has dried up.
Go to Top of Page

cyclopsitis
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
732 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2008 :  12:18:13 AM  Show Profile  Click to see cyclopsitis's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If you can get an older tube TV fixed I would... These widescreen plasmas and LCDs piss me off. They are way over priced for what is in them and for how long the technology has been out. The ones from last year are being sold by saying "HDTV compatible" and they are not true HD at 700P. Then the left over tubes are being sold at 1/3rd their original price. I'd try to get it fixed because they last forever.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000