Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

NetVistaHeadache
Apprentece

5 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2008 :  10:19:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Aaron, I got ordered F2604CT-ND from Digikey and found it to be a fuse block type fuse. Is this correct? How am I supposed to solder this in place with no leads? Am I suppose to create them? Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2008 :  10:49:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The fuse is a surface mount fuse. It solders directly to the board by the two silver solder pads on it's ends.

The replacement fuse is slightly larger then the original. I generally place it on top of the original at an angle and solder one side to the original location, one side to the harness connector.

Surface mount soldering is not a good first soldering experience. If you have not soldered something before then get an inexpensive electronics kit to practice on.
Go to Top of Page

NetVistaHeadache
Apprentece

5 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2008 :  1:23:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Aaron, I purchased a 3A with leads Part F2342CT-ND from Digi-Key. I made a really good solder connection. When I power up the unit I noticed that the BIOS flashed IBM then went away. For a brief moment I saw some of the bootup process in a flash but then a blank screen. Have you experienced this before?

I have about 20 of these machines. I may try the other surface mount fuse on another and see how that goes.
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2008 :  10:44:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That is the symptom of a bad fuse. Did you test each fuse with a meter and replace the blown one?
Go to Top of Page

topnote06

1 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2008 :  7:51:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
- What type of connector is it from the mother board to the LCD display panel? Looks like a 24 pin of some sort from the pic on Flickr.
- I was thinking of connecting a standalone pc tower directly to the LCD panel.
thanks
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2008 :  09:51:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
This topic deals specifically with fuse replacement. Please keep other discussions (like adapting the panel to another computer) in other topics. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000