New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

romic00
Apprentece

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2005 :  12:11:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Aaron were you at the auto show in detroit last saturday jan 16. I saw someone that looked just like you.

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2005 :  09:12:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I was there on Sunday of the same weekend with a few other RX-7 owners. Good show. I was a little disappointed that there weren't any new hybrids, nor any pure EVs. Just a few fool-cell vehicles.

Go to Top of Page

romic00
Apprentece

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2005 :  9:16:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha i just remember that i was there sunday too. I saw you taking pictures of the corvet schelet. The silver one without the body.

Go to Top of Page

Chamkeeper
Mad Scientist

278 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2005 :  12:48:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is that show still at Cobo Hall?

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2005 :  09:10:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
And you didn't say "Hi"?!?

The show ended last weekend.

Go to Top of Page

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2005 :  05:19:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hehe LOL.
Sounds cool I wish I was there. I wanna see a Mclaren. Boo hoo.

J.C.
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2005 :  09:26:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Meh, McLaren is nothing special...

Go to Top of Page

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2005 :  4:00:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Boo hoo, I llike Mclaren don't tease my Mclaren. Only 100 were made so it'll be great to see one or even be in one. I've liked it since "Need for speed II" came out.

J.C.
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2005 :  09:33:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm just not that excited about it. Sure, it's an amazing piece of machinery, but I think a car that costs $1,000,000+ should be at least drivable. Also, it's fairly ugly.

I remember seeing a show a while back which featured a McLaren owner. He was listing all the stuff he did to the car so that he could actually drive it. Cooling mods, adding A/C, adding a stereo, etc. The cooling mods struck me as odd, so I asked a friend about it. Apparently, the car overheats at low speeds due to the ducting used.

Honestly, it's a race car with a bit of an interior, so you can't complain that much regarding these issues. But if you build a car with no compromises in speed and handling, it's not going to be a very good car except for that purpose. Meaning that taking it out on the road more then a few times a month is not going to be something you do...

Go to Top of Page

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2005 :  4:14:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah well whatever you say Aaron I still like it.
What amazes is that it can get to 391Km/h that is by far the fastest road car i've heard of. It even has a Black Box. I think it's ileagle to drive it in Australia; don't know where I got that from.

J.C.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000