Anyone used eMachineShop?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2004 :  4:34:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am curious as to whether anyone here has ever used eMachineShop? I have to make some flanges out of 6MM thick steel, and it would be a major pain to cut them myself with just a jigsaw (especially the inner circles). I'm sure there's a local shop that can do it for me, but I have been hearing some good things about eMachineShop. I just downloaded their software, and it seems quite impressive and easy (for a CAD package).

Anyone?

da-g-dog
Mad Scientist

USA
231 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2004 :  5:24:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit da-g-dog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Never used them before, but it looks like a nice service. You might check out the BBB where they are located to see if they have any complaints filed against them.

hike master kyle
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2004 :  09:21:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The more I play with their software, the more I am impressed. I've never been very good at CAD, but I'm picking this up quite quickly. I think I'll just have my parts made, and then see how things go. Worst case is that I'm out $100.

And if things turn out well, I have a LOT of parts they can be doing for me in quantity.

There's just something magical about drawing a part, selecting your materials and machine, pressing the "order" button, and having it show up at your door a few weeks later.

Now, all I need is one of those neat 3D printers...

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2005 :  09:13:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I should mention that I received my parts last Monday. I ordered a set of flanges to make a custom upper intake for my RX-7, and some other throttle body flanges (just in case). I had the parts cut on the water jet, and they came out perfectly. Total cost was quite high, but I had 3 of each part made, just in case. So that accounts for the higher price.

I'm totally happy with the service. It was almost exactly 1 month between the time I submitted my order, and the time the parts showed up at the door. I can see myself spending a lot of money on eMachineShop.

Oh, and they sent me two free rules with my order.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000