Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2004 :  9:41:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Aaron you catch that show on discovery, where they made an electric dragster out of a postal truck?

Chamkeeper
Mad Scientist

278 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2004 :  6:52:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Sucking Amps" and yeah i saw it....

It should be great for popularizing EVs....

I am in the process of design of a ride to work.

Only a few miles, like 7, but almost 1000' feet of altititude.

Hard to find the info to design an electric hillclimber....

Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2004 :  9:15:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I really dont think that they designed it very well. I would have stuck the rear end from another vehicle in the back of it. the whole belt thing was not very smart

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2004 :  09:29:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I missed it?!? Shit!

I've been looking forward to this for almost a year, so I hope they rerun it. The guys who did the buildup (the names escape me at the moment...but I think it was Rudmen and a few others) are on the EVDL, so I was able to follow the progress on the mailing list. Unfortuantely, I am about 3+ months behind in reading that list, so I must have missed the annoucement of the air date. I'm checking the Discovery Channel website right now...

What's weird is that there were NO advertisements for it, so perhaps they have run it in the US, and then will run it in Canada in a few weeks.

Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2004 :  6:53:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah I didnt see any adds for it either, just kinda stumbled on to it. Ive since seen it rerun once.
Still dont see why they did some of the things they did. personally I think they picked him for his temper seeings how it worked so well for their other shows.

Go to Top of Page

Chamkeeper
Mad Scientist

278 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2004 :  01:15:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aaron,

The main guy is the guy from EVPARTS.COM

Another guy is an engineer for a fancy green motor controller with a monstorish type name....

In the end they seemed to call in every big EV guru in the US to get the thing done...

My research of late has turned up LOTS of these guy's names and companies.

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2004 :  09:22:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So far, searching the Discover Channel site has turned up absolutely nothing...Wonderful...

Go to Top of Page

Chamkeeper
Mad Scientist

278 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2004 :  5:33:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This link says it was a pilot. I hope they got enough interest to make it a series.

http://www.electrifyingtimes.com/going_postal.html

Go to Top of Page

Brian
Apprentice

USA
106 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2004 :  7:21:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Brian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
At least in the US, there were many ads about it. I did not remember when it aired, though. Their website turned up absolutely nothing.
If they haven't run it in Canada yet, you can probably expect at least some advertising.

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - May 04 2004 :  11:32:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Cool, thanks for the link. I am hoping very much they soon run it in Canada. As luck would have, I lost the most recent 300 posts from the EV list. Which means that I also lost the discussion of the episode, and any versions that may have been posted on websites....Maybe I can simply call Discovery and order the tape.

Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - May 04 2004 :  1:23:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well I could sum it up for you.

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - May 05 2004 :  09:14:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nah, I'd rather see it without knowing the details...

Go to Top of Page

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - May 05 2004 :  4:40:27 PM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This reminds me of somehtigng my frend atually said to me once. "I won't tell you the ending where he dies."

http://daxter12.topcities.com
Go to Top of Page

Chamkeeper
Mad Scientist

278 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2004 :  01:47:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good news folks....

The Discovery Channel is re-airing this tomarrow. I will see if I can tape the thing, so at least the webmaster can see it.

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2004 :  09:28:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
According to the website, it's on tonight at 8PM, 11PM and 1AM.

But I am unsure if that includes Canada.

http://www.suckamps.com/ is the website.

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2004 :  10:50:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well, it was not on last night. No evidence of it in the on-screen guide, and it was not shown at any of the times claimed on the Discovery Channel website. Neither Canadian channel had it.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000