compress dvd for pocket pc
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gokartmaniac
Apprentice

Germany
105 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2004 :  7:24:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit gokartmaniac's Homepage  Send gokartmaniac an AOL message  Reply with Quote
how do I compress a dvd to fit on my pocket pc I tried using dvd to pocket pc software. I did not think it was worth buying because it kept saying no IFO file detected it's such a pain not knowing these things so can some tell me hoe

www.freewebs.com/sethmeredith

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2004 :  2:49:10 PM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Isn't DVD just MPEG-2 on a special disk? If it is, then it is already compresed.

http://daxter12.topcities.com
Go to Top of Page

YS
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2004 :  4:48:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit YS's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A movie can be compressed to MPEG4, then it fits on regular CD.

Go to Top of Page

gokartmaniac
Apprentice

Germany
105 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2004 :  11:51:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit gokartmaniac's Homepage  Send gokartmaniac an AOL message  Reply with Quote
what i realy meant was how do you resize

www.freewebs.com/sethmeredith
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2004 :  10:39:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You need to rip the DVD video to your HD, convert to MPEG and then compress it in a Pocket PC friendly format (normally MPG at low bitrate or WMA). There is a great free MPEG encoder called Tsunami, and there are quite a number of DVD ripping/decryption programs.

Be aware that in doing this, you will be in violation of the DMCA.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

5 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2004 :  9:34:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.pocketpcpassion.com/forum/showthread.php?&threadid=38355&highlight=dvd%2A+ripping

Enjoy :)

Also, if you're not already on that forum... its a great Pocket PC source. As well as www.brighthand.com

Both have excellend forums.

Good Luck,
Jon

Check out www.jetkart.cjb.net for my project on my dual jet powered go-kart!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

5 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2004 :  9:49:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you don't find the program mentioned in that thread to work.. "Pocket Divx" is your best bet. GREAT program, Plays movies EXCELLENT, VERY fast. I was getting solid 28 fps playback at 320 kbps on a Dell Axim X3i.

Rip the DVD to MPEG. Use "Virtual Dub" (search google) to compress the movie. If you can use google, you'll be able to find a tutorial for virtual dub, but its really easy.

I use the latest divx codec, with audio at 32kbps and video resolution at either 320x240 | 320kbps for tv shows, or 240x180 | 240kbps for movies (to save space).

Better than windows media player, alot less buggy.

Check out www.jetkart.cjb.net for my project on my dual jet powered go-kart!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000