Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Nerf Smurf
Mad Scientist

USA
390 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2004 :  11:49:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nerf Smurf's Homepage  Send Nerf Smurf a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
People sometimes think that Video Consoles are much better than PC. Almost everyone at my school has some kind of Video Game Console and says that they are much better that a PC. and a 80% chance is that they dont own a computer and think that the graphix is "Box Like" or Big Pixil looking or sometimes have there computer games on a extra low Resulution. Anyway here is what i think.

PC: Can be upgraded and with the latest hardware and software, can make games look like the graphix of an Xbox. Also, with some games that have Expansions, on pc all you have to do is buy the expansion, while if you have a Video Game Console you would have to buy the Expansion-Game-Combo, and that could be alot of money. Also a PC is good with other things, like work, etc. Heck, you the computer could be upgraded to WebTV. And with a good connection, you can play free games and play with others.

Computer Downside: THE REQUIRMENTS TAB ON GAME BOXES, RAM, and the fact that i have 3 games that dont work on my Pentium 2.

Video Game Console: Everythings there but you cant upgrade to be update. (I think you can with the XBOX) Just pop in a CD without installing anything.

Video Game Console Downside: When the PS1 came out, almost everyone got one, Then comes along the PS2, and almost every one threw there PS1s away, or sold it. Now here comes a PSX, what will the world do? The computer can easily be upgraded just by replacing the RAM or Processer or maybe a few other things. The Playstion 2,(by what i heard) Runs on some kind of speacal 56k modem.

Anything else? I might be wrong about somethings, knowing that i only own a PC

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2004 :  10:16:37 AM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yea, oanother difference Is trhat pcs arent dedicated. I coud play Super Nintendo all day and not see a glitch, but when I run the emulator on my pc, it glitches alot. Probably because of windows.

By the way, Super Nintendo is the absolute best console out there. They shoud start making games for it again.

http://daxter12.topcities.com
Go to Top of Page

Epsilon!
Mad Scientist

Canada
276 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2004 :  10:57:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
consoles can be upgraded somehow.. the N64 had an Expansion pack, the NES, SNES, and N64 all have an expansion port on the bottom so you put the system on top of a device that lets you backup games and such. the GC can also use an expansion pack. PS2 can have a hard drive.. Though i still prefer a PC for gaming

Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2004 :  11:51:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cirvin the glitches you see in the game could be from the emulator. I had one once that would cause my computer to crash.

as for one being better or worse, the problems with systems is that once a new one comes out your pretty much screwed. however with a pc its alot easier to upgrade.
Game systems, on the other hand, are much easier to take along with you. We used to have lan parties, but it was a big hassle for every one to tote there PCs over to someones house. Now most of us have xboxes which is alot easier to drag around.

Go to Top of Page

Nerf Smurf
Mad Scientist

USA
390 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2004 :  10:16:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nerf Smurf's Homepage  Send Nerf Smurf a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
AlienWare LapTops :-)

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2004 :  09:22:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Meh, I don't play games, but when I did it was mostly on the PC. I don't think there's a "better" format. Game consoles just plain work, while PCs are a hassle. Yet PCs can host much more involved games.

Go to Top of Page

Nerf Smurf
Mad Scientist

USA
390 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2004 :  1:20:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nerf Smurf's Homepage  Send Nerf Smurf a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
In army games and other shooters, I think that the mouse is better to aim, then the mini joystick on a comtroller ov a video game.

Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2004 :  5:45:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yeah the mouse works pretty good for those, but halos two analog stick works pretty good to

Go to Top of Page

Kale
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
795 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2004 :  1:56:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kale's Homepage  Send Kale an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Actually I found I can aim better with a mouse then PS-style analog sticks. I think it's because there is more overall movement with a mouse, so you have better control. For flying games and sims though, I prefer a joystick for obvious reasons. Still, for those types of games I find the controller-sized sticks are too small to handle easily.
One thing I think PS controllers are good for though would be controlling something like a remote control car. I have some info on hacking PS controllers; they're just a mostly-standard serial output. A few bytes show the position of the buttons, followed by four bytes that show the position of the sticks.

Go to Top of Page

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2004 :  4:49:20 PM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yea, I was thinking of inergrating a standard nintendo controller into an XY camera mount thingy.

http://daxter12.topcities.com
Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

145 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2004 :  09:07:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's nearly almost parents that have the fastest computers in the house, so when the dad dont want children to hang on his PC, then he buys them a console... just to stay in peace... I think so..

But you'r right PC is best!!!!

SIEMENS MOBILE RULES
Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2004 :  6:52:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well an xbox is just a 733mhz PII with an 8 gig harddrive four USB ports and a nice Nvidea graphics system

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

145 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2004 :  10:35:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The PC can be upgraded an xbox cant, more possabilities on a PC, cheaper games and on and on and on..... You can program!!!!!!!

SIEMENS MOBILE RULES
Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2004 :  12:19:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well ive heard that someone is putting 1.something Ghz processors in them and selling them

I dont think it will be to much longer before the line between vidieo games and computers is gone

Edited by - beatonno1 on Feb 05 2004 12:21:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kale
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
795 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2004 :  6:00:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kale's Homepage  Send Kale an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Some guys made a supercomputer by turning 50 PS2s into a Beowolf Cluster.
There you go; console into a computer.

Go to Top of Page

phoenix
Apprentice

Canada
54 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2004 :  10:49:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit phoenix's Homepage  Send phoenix a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
...turning 50ps2s into a computer...
what's the use? I think it's a lot of waste

T-boss
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000