get google to recognize my website
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gokartmaniac
Apprentice

Germany
105 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2004 :  7:30:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit gokartmaniac's Homepage  Send gokartmaniac an AOL message  Reply with Quote
how do i get google to recognize my website without payin any sort of fee

www.freewebs.com/sethmeredith

Epsilon!
Mad Scientist

Canada
276 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2004 :  7:34:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wait until the Google crawlers lurk around your site..

Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2004 :  7:41:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you have to submit your site to them... mine was on the google deal for ahwile, but I didnt get enough traffic to keep it there

Go to Top of Page

Brian
Apprentice

USA
106 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2004 :  10:02:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Brian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.google.com/addurl.html
It is completely free to add your site to Google. It may take a while for it to get added, though. See if you can get an already indexed site to link to you, so the crawlers will find it.

Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2004 :  10:05:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well aaron's is indexed, so by having your site under yourprofile would technically link you

Go to Top of Page

gokartmaniac
Apprentice

Germany
105 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2004 :  01:31:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit gokartmaniac's Homepage  Send gokartmaniac an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thanks guys i submitted my site and updated my metta tags so we'll see what hapens

Go to Top of Page

da-g-dog
Mad Scientist

USA
231 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2004 :  04:20:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit da-g-dog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

thanks guys i submitted my site and updated my metta tags so we'll see what hapens

If I remember correctly, Google doesn't use meta tags as part of its search query. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think it searches for words and other content that is actually on the site.

hike master kyle
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2004 :  09:04:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That is correct. The Google PageRank search algorithm is very specific in the way it works. As I understand it, the ranking of a site mostly depends on content, how many other sites it links to, and how many sites link to it.

Content is a no brainer. You will never have any visitors if you don't have any content. This was discovered during the '90s "dot com" boom. Sadly, many people still have not figured this out.

As for links, the only way to get linked to is to have, surprise, content. Just adding pages and pages of links will cause Google to assume that you are trying to spoof it, and will lower your rank...

There's probably a HowStuffWorks (.com) aritcle on Google...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000