Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Nerf Smurf
Mad Scientist

USA
390 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2004 :  11:53:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nerf Smurf's Homepage  Send Nerf Smurf a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Im 8th grade and i have to take a really high jump to touch the top of a doorway. Everyone is about 1-2 feet taller then me. What can i do? I dont know my height!?

BTW, Im not a midget, Im thin.

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2004 :  4:56:18 PM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Errr, eat your veggies?

http://daxter12.topcities.com
Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2004 :  5:43:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
platform shoes are comming back into style

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2004 :  09:29:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
In other words, pretty much nothing. Your height is determined by your genes.

However, there have been reports of victums of torture (using the rack) gaining several inches. Might want to look into that.

Go to Top of Page

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2004 :  3:41:57 PM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
They have surgery for migets (or for you politcally correct pussies uhh I mean people, little people) that actually elongates their bones. But I doubt you will want to go to that extreme.

Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2004 :  6:41:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yeah i saw that, they crack your bones and then use a frame to keep them a fraction of an inch apart while they heal....keep doing it over and over and you slowly at inches.

Go to Top of Page

YS
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2004 :  8:22:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit YS's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've heard pullups help. I was told about a boy who grew up using lots of pullups so he could join airborn rangers.. He was killed in combat though..but that's another story.
Or, you can take completely different approach..One my friend, a martial artst, is a small-size man but nobody dares to make fun of him...

Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2004 :  10:30:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you should see how close you live to one of the many houston area superfunds.....maybe the chemicals have stunted your growth

Go to Top of Page

Nerf Smurf
Mad Scientist

USA
390 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2004 :  11:46:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nerf Smurf's Homepage  Send Nerf Smurf a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I used to exercise and stuff, but when i first got my own computer (when i was 7) i started growing slow. I spend to much time on the computer.

Edited by - Nerf Smurf on Jan 22 2004 11:47:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2004 :  09:16:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Exercise is important...About 2 years ago, I realised how out of shape I was...Since I was no longer a "kid", I didn't have the benefit of their natural ability to keep fit (though some would argue, looking at todays youth, that this ability no longer exists). So I started working out...Nothing big. Just 20 minutes a day with weights, long bikerides, rollerblade, etc. HUGE different. While I will never be a "big" guy, the amount of muscle growth and "tone" has improved significantly...I see myself completely differently in the mirror now, and it really does change your outlook on life...

Go to Top of Page

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2004 :  5:13:54 PM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You sound like an infomercial Aaron. Butg you are credible so I listen.

Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2004 :  7:57:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
dont forget that guys grow over a longer period of time than girls do....there pretty much as tall as there going to get by 8th grade....

Im 18 and still notice that I am growing

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

21 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2004 :  2:03:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are really desprite you could ask your doctor for growth hormone injections. You see, there's this gland in your head that controls this liquid that makes you grow taller, and the doctors would take that gland from people who are willing to donate it, usually tall people, and squeeze all the liquid out of it and inject it into you and you would grow a few inches or so in like a week. The downside is that the shots are sometimes $1,000-$5,000. So I would suggest just let time do it's wonders.

The Great Jeeo had left this remark..
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2004 :  10:51:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I probably sound like an infomercial because I'm excited. Seriously, life can change...

Go to Top of Page

Kale
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
795 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2004 :  12:11:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kale's Homepage  Send Kale an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Males don't stop growing until they're 18, so you've probably got a while yet.
You might have a final 'growth spurt' later on and make up some of that missing height.
It happened that way to a friend of mine. He was pretty stumpy until after 14, now he's 6' 2"!

Go to Top of Page

Nerf Smurf
Mad Scientist

USA
390 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2004 :  11:56:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nerf Smurf's Homepage  Send Nerf Smurf a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yea, i hear that groth spurt thing alot about me. Wonder how fast you shoot up when it happens?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000