Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2003 :  5:59:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well it was going to be made of 1/8 inch tubing and the cooling device was going to be build into a waterbottle

Go to Top of Page

Kale
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
795 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2003 :  09:30:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kale's Homepage  Send Kale an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Actually I'm responsible for a patent for a cooling suit. I developed it for the physiology department of my old university. It used themoelectrics to heat or cool the wearer. It weighed about 20lbs though and you had to drag a control panel and bucket of water around with you everywhere you went. It was designed to be used by somebody just standing or sitting around, or at most riding a stationary bike. It would get very cold though. It could be adjusted anywhere from 'hot enough to cook steak' to 'cold enough to turn blue'. Needless to say I included electronic safeties in the system...

Edited by - kale on Dec 10 2003 09:31:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2003 :  3:43:50 PM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I saw this interesting device, you put compressed air in on hole, then a vortex is formed in the tube, and out of the 2 exit holes, you get burning hot air and freezing cold air. One company made these vests for like steel mill workers, but I forgot witch one.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

56 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2003 :  11:28:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I watched a special on TV about the US Military and their recent trips to hot climates (Iraq, etc). Some of the troops have water cooled vests similar to what were discussing. I can't remember if the water is within the vest and thus cools the person or not. To be honest, I can't remember the specific concept, but they have vests and something to do with water! HA! Now there's an educated statement! Just thought you'd like to know.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000