Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2003 :  4:25:29 PM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Plus, th majority of propane is domestic, so it rids ourselves of dependancy on other countries.
plus, gas is smelly and dirty. SCREW OIL COMPANIES!!

Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2003 :  9:11:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yeah, im not a big fan of the oil industry, they have to strong a hold on the government. So they can push American politicies how ever they want. But, I cant diss them to much cuz they pay the bills around here...

as for the scent added to the natural gas, I havent been able to find anything on it.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

56 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2003 :  5:59:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is an excellent point Aaron.

Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2003 :  8:54:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I saw today on tv a process that turns turkeys into crude oil. basically it takes the leftovers, and heats them up decomposing them into the oil. The neet thing is, they said the oil is produced cheaper per barrel than the current prices. They also said that if all of the us poultry companies were to use this, we could become independant of over seas resources.
Im thinking I need to start raising turkeys to lower my gas prices

Go to Top of Page

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2003 :  9:21:13 PM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Think of the envireonmental issues. don;t support hydrocarbon fuels as dirty as gasoline! God please don't . It is MY AIR!!!

Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2003 :  9:44:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well fuel cells have a long way to go before they can fit my budget.

Go to Top of Page

Kale
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
795 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2003 :  10:06:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kale's Homepage  Send Kale an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
The government doesn't subsidize alternate fuel sources in the same way they subsidize oil distribution, so its more expensive. Also, renewable energy sources tend to be inefficient. You need a fair bit of wind, or sun, or whatever to get useful amounts of power. Of course the main part of the problem is that we use too much energy to begin with. Our appliances should be more economical, and we should use them less often. Lighting needs to switch over to LEDs, which use only 10-20% of the power of incandecent bulbs, use the air-conditioner less often (buy a fan!), etc.

Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2003 :  11:35:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well I dont agree with you about the airconditioning...here in Texas it gets pretty hot in the summer. However I do know that there are more efficent systems, that circulate water underground or in ponds. They are considerably more expensive than airconditioner units (well at least for home use)

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2003 :  2:44:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I saw today on tv a process that turns turkeys into crude oil. basically it takes the leftovers, and heats them up decomposing them into the oil. The neet thing is, they said the oil is produced cheaper per barrel than the current prices. They also said that if all of the us poultry companies were to use this, we could become independant of over seas resources.
Im thinking I need to start raising turkeys to lower my gas prices

Yeah, I heard about this several months ago after it was posted to the Electric Vehicle Discussion List. At first I didn't believe it, but after reading the website I realized how cool it was.

Funny thing is that my first thought was that we could throw people in there instead of prison...

Go to Top of Page

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2003 :  3:40:10 PM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yea, i do support the death penalty. i don't wanna pay to have some sex offnder live without a care in a prison. i say: An eye for an eye!

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2003 :  09:30:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
This quote from the article has always stuck with me:

"If a 175-pound man fell into one end, he would come out the other end as 38
pounds of oil, 7 pounds of gas, and 7 pounds of minerals, as well as 123
pounds of sterilized water."

It continues to say that the value of which would be just under $100....We now have the official number on the value of one person.

While not 175 LBs, we can start with Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Roseanne (which definitly excees the 175 quota), Carrot Top, N'SYNC, Aaron Carter.....

Go to Top of Page

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2003 :  5:10:00 PM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
there would be a couple of people i would like soo much to shove violently into the machine: Mike peck, uhhh, ummmm, no he is the bigest asshole in our school.

Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2003 :  7:20:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thats pretty good...I had always heard that if you were to reduce a person to their basic elements, then you would end up with like $20 of raw materials

Go to Top of Page

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2003 :  8:53:17 PM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Worthless poeple. :p

Go to Top of Page

Kale
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
795 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2003 :  9:50:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kale's Homepage  Send Kale an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Soylent Green is people!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000