6 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2003 :  12:20:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
unsubscribe

Junkman

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2003 :  1:37:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Uh, what do you mean?

Go to Top of Page

Kale
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
795 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2003 :  4:56:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kale's Homepage  Send Kale an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe he set up a 'email notification on reply' in a forum and keeps getting emails everytime someone replies. How do you turn that off once you've done it, anyway?

Kale

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2003 :  09:09:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Edit the post you made, and then uncheck the box.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

27 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2003 :  3:45:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I reckon he wants his account deleted from the db, I know that in some other forum software there is an option to remove your own account, I expect this is what he is getting at.

Adam

Go to Top of Page

Junkman
Apprentece

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2003 :  11:31:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Popmaster is correct, in many forums I do or have belonged to, one can 'unsubscribe', or in some other way become no longer a member.
I will admit I was POed when I posted that, and I knew I was 'flaming'... Out of line. Rather than getting kicked out for flaming, I was 'quiting' first. Truth is, I AM suffering from a disease like I mentioned, and it does often make me irritable, and the drugs often make me even more so... Not an excuse, just an explaination. I just let myself get worked up over what was probably nothing, and should have been beneath me.
I felt I was being attacked for simply introducing myself to the forum, and giving a little background RE: My interests in electronics as a hobbby, how I came to be interested in electronics as a hobby, where in the spectrum of electronics my intertests lie, etc.
Apparently, I don't take criticism as well as I used to. Even perceived criticism.

I owe the forum an appology, consider it offered here. But I still think I don't belong here if I am going to blow up so easily. I'll just end up offending somebody again. Dieing slowly is a bitch. That's my only excuse.
Junkman

Junkman
Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

56 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2003 :  2:31:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's just my opinion, but I don't think any sarcasm or rudeness should be taken offensively on a forum. Typing coversations has a way of distorting the true intentions. It's a forum! People have opinions and act in different manners. What may be acceptable in one area may not be in another.

My point is: try to relax and blow off any offensive gestures and move on to the topic at hand. Time is wasted by getting upset at remarks that are interpreted offensive. My opinion...

Go to Top of Page

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2003 :  7:19:41 PM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just wanna say sorry again and welcome.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000