Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Nerf Smurf
Mad Scientist

USA
390 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2003 :  12:47:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nerf Smurf's Homepage  Send Nerf Smurf a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

Sony Corp. (SNE) showed off its PSX, the beefed up PlayStation 2 video-game machine that also works as a DVD recorder, analog TV, digital photo album and music player and goes on sale in Japan late this year for just over $700.

The offering from the Japanese electronics and entertainment giant underlines the intensifying competition in the industry to sell the idea of home digital entertainment that introduces computer functions from the office into the living room.

The PSX, slated for sale next year in the U.S. and European markets, took center stage Tuesday at the Sony booth at CEATEC Japan, an annual major electronics show near Tokyo, where Sony's rivals are also showing off their wares.
http://www.rednova.com/news/stories/3/2003/10/07/story001.html for more info

Edited by - Nerf Smurf on Oct 08 2003 12:50:54 AM

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2003 :  09:54:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Every consumer electronic device is expensive when it first hits the market...Wait two months and the price will be half.

Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2003 :  12:10:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I doubt that it will be priced that much when they bring it to the american market. I would guess somewhere around $400-$500

However, I am looking forward to it because it will shurely bring down the price of the PS2

Go to Top of Page

Nerf Smurf
Mad Scientist

USA
390 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2003 :  6:32:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nerf Smurf's Homepage  Send Nerf Smurf a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
as soon as the PSX comes out the PS2 will be just "A Piece of Crap". Just like the PS1

Edward, A. Williams Jr.
Have a Problen with that?
Go to Top of Page

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2003 :  7:52:19 PM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
no, th graphics should b th sam, just more featurs so they can drive th prices higher becaus the playstation 2 was overshadowd by a bit by the gamecube witch maks ho sns to m. i love th ps2

at last!!!
Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2003 :  11:22:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dude you really need to fix your "E" key

Yeah its the same thing but in a shiny box with some more bells and wistles.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

96 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2003 :  1:23:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
damn, ive been dying to build something like that on a pc platform that is minimal (anyone seen the openbrick) as a music player, pc with internet, and can play games... and hook up to your tv and play dvds. it really is an awesome idea, but right now i dont think that the prices will go down dramatically at first... have to see when it gets here. but power users have for years had tv tuners and internet radio all while playing games and checking email, why not take it to the living room? size woulda been a complaint a couple years ago, but now, i think its a project that could be done and has been done by pc makers, just not yet successfully... maybe PSX can put a spin on the market. but you know, damn M$ will jump onto it pretty soon, as soon as they can put all their money into marketing it

Yesterday USA, Jetzt Deutschland... RYE
Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

96 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2003 :  1:25:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah with sony in a shake money wise theyd like to see this go through, but i dunno if ppl want it enough yet...

Go to Top of Page

Kale
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
795 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2003 :  4:18:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kale's Homepage  Send Kale an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
The PSX is more like the PS2.5
It has a PS2 core with DVD recording onboard and some improved sound stuff. Unless you plan on recording a lot of stuff onto DVDs, it's probably not worth buying.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

96 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2003 :  07:48:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
more of the idea i mean though, that you have a system sitting at your tv that you control from your couch yet its like a dvd playeror something except you can do everything on it... those who put linux on the xbox have an idea of this... i dunno now im starting to confuse myself, damn, i think i need to go to sleeeeeepp....

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2003 :  09:19:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It already exists. Check out Windows XP Media Center Edition. Only sold with hardware though...

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

96 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2003 :  10:53:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah, and theyve got the remote control and all that crap, but i kinda meant that i wanted to build it myself... but your right, i forgot about M$ media center edition

Go to Top of Page

Kale
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
795 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2003 :  11:46:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kale's Homepage  Send Kale an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
I just tend to use my PC for all my entertainment needs. I don't plan on buying a DVD player: I'm just getting a DVD drive in my new machine and a video card with TV out.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

96 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2003 :  09:51:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
a lot cheaper that way... man it would be nice to have a projecter to go along with it, though...

Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2003 :  6:17:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well dvd players are really cheap...plus they are less prone to have jumpy vidieo. alot of the new systems have the surround sound and dvd players all in one.

However I do agree about using the computer for most needs. music, gaming, surfing ect ect

Go to Top of Page

Nerf Smurf
Mad Scientist

USA
390 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2003 :  01:59:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nerf Smurf's Homepage  Send Nerf Smurf a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yea. A DVD sells at about $30-60 at wal*Mart

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000