Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2003 :  7:37:21 PM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
About 5 minutes ago, i was putting the finishing tuches on my inverter when i got up to get a soda. my foot then caught the cord of my soldering iron. it fell over onto my hand. OWWWW!!!! this brings me to the reason for this post. one of the best treatments for iron burn is this aloe vera lotion. there are may kinds, but they are all a green very viscus gell. the lotion acts as a topical anesthetic. it works vey well for me. try it!

(Edit....Moved to Lounge)

Edited by - Aaron Cake on Jul 18 2003 10:10:11 AM

Nerf Smurf
Mad Scientist

USA
390 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2003 :  7:59:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nerf Smurf's Homepage  Send Nerf Smurf a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yea, I got a lot of burns but not visable. Try not to lose a finger print

We have the gift to build what we want.
Go to Top of Page

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2003 :  4:19:33 PM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well, tis burn was really bad. an hour after i got it, i had a blister about half an inch long an a quarter of an inch high. i poked it and it popped. i didn't hurt after that luckily.

Go to Top of Page

Kale
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
795 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2003 :  2:30:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kale's Homepage  Send Kale an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
My worst was when my soldering iron got knocked out of its holder, and I reflexively CAUGHT IT in my hands!!! I had a nice big blister on my right hand for about a week, and a nice red streak on my flesh for almost a month afterwards. I'm lucky I didn't end up in the hospital! I got aloe and tea-tree oil on it right away though, and it seemed to help quite a bit.

Go to Top of Page

YS
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2003 :  8:56:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit YS's Homepage  Reply with Quote
welcome to the club, guys!

Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2003 :  11:37:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well if yall are bragging about burns, my worst was when I was welding anyways to make a long story short I had a big molten glob on the end of the wire, and unfortunately it wasnt until after I had bent the wire off that I realized that I didnt have any gloves on

Go to Top of Page

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2003 :  3:57:44 PM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ouch. it has been a weeand my burn is half the size it was. it hasn't hurt since the day i got it. i love the aloe vera lotion.

Go to Top of Page

Nerf Smurf
Mad Scientist

USA
390 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2003 :  4:50:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nerf Smurf's Homepage  Send Nerf Smurf a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
did you all get those with a soldering GUN or IRON. I have a "cool grip soldering iron" 30-watt

Go to Top of Page

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2003 :  08:39:28 AM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The grip doesn't do jack when you touch or grab the metal part.

Go to Top of Page

Kale
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
795 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2003 :  2:49:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kale's Homepage  Send Kale an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Which is what always seems to happen... owie! The worst thing is that the larger the grip is, the more it just seems to get in the way rather than doing anything useful.

Go to Top of Page

Epsilon!
Mad Scientist

Canada
276 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2003 :  6:23:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yup.. they hurt....

2 summers ago i was building an n64 controller interface for the pc. anyway.. the soldering iron cable got caught in the wire cutters and as I reached for them I pulled the cable and the whole iron fell on my knee.. I was wearing shorts. The burn was about 5 cm long..it was painfull.

In school.. my teacher was teaching the class on how to solder and he lectured us about safety and he told us a story...
Couple of years back when he was teaching a electric engeneering at the school everyone was at the work benches soldering. A student had put down his soldering iron the handle facing him as he was suppposed to, then some idiot thought it would be funny if he turned it around. So other guy goes and reaches for the iron unknowingly..... his whole hand was burned.. he had to go to the hospital...

Then the teacher told us that if you get burned apply cold running water to the burn.. it cools it. This actually helps alot.When you get a burn, the cells burst and you get a blister.. this continues down into the skin for 15 mins, even after the burn! Applying cold water or ice stops the blistering and the burn goes away in a couple of hours.. rather than days.

Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2003 :  6:57:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the worst burn I have ever seen, was at a campout. some ideot threw a plastic cup inthe fire, and my friend went to fish it out with a stick, and molten plastic ran down the stick and his entire palm was burnt. Furthermore, the plastic was fused with his skin...the funny thing is that you cannot even tell, the body has a neet ability to regrow the print on the hand

Go to Top of Page

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2003 :  11:36:58 PM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i ran a little bit of water over the burn, but that was for only about 5 min. then i put the aloe vera stuff on and it stopped hurting on like 30 min.

Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2003 :  12:02:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I dont think I have tried the cream but the plant doesnt work very well.

Go to Top of Page

Kale
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
795 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2003 :  10:37:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kale's Homepage  Send Kale an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe the creams are more concentrated? Or they throw some other stuff in there besides the aloe to soothe the burn.

Go to Top of Page

Nerf Smurf
Mad Scientist

USA
390 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2003 :  1:53:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nerf Smurf's Homepage  Send Nerf Smurf a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i know the grip dont have nothin to do with it. i mean do you have a soldering iron or gun. I recon the soldering guns are alot hotter

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000