Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

67 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2002 :  11:46:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You kick so much ass! I've read like everything you have on your site. We have the exact same interests. You rock hard man. I want to be your friend. lol

Sean "Impact" Sipe

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2002 :  09:44:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well thank you! Not sure how I should take "Ur My God!" though. Does that mean you will do my bidding? Kill! Kill!

Just kidding...Or am I?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

67 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2002 :  11:56:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everything is in order sir! Project Destruction is underway. Awaiting your orders. Lol. Oh BTW, I know that your electronic section is no longer being supported by you but I have an electronics class that I am at for 3 hours everyday. The teacher knows what hes talking about but he don't teach all to well. 3 hours a day since the begining of the school year and we are still on soldering. Anyways, I taught myself electronics, and a friend of mine in that class. What I'm getting at is that I wanna make something cool. I wanted to build the LED chaser but we dont got CMOS stuff. My teahcer told me that he doesn't "like using CMOS", so he doesn't order it. Well I made him order it but its the school who does the ordering. So, I probably won't see the chips for another 2 months. I tried to make another chaser with chips we had and a schematic out of some electronics notebook thing. But after working real hard on it and maping it out all neat, the peice of shit didn't work. My teacher looked at it and said everything looked fine, but it obviously wasn't. Okay I'm getting off on a tangent, better stick to the main reason for all of this. I was wondering if you had any ideas for a project i could do. If you dont, no biggie. Just thought I would ask. Thanks, friend?

[] []v[] []D //-\\ (( =[]=
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2002 :  4:38:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
No, not "project destruction"....Project Mayham. But the first rule of Project Mayham is to not ask questions.

Anyway, your teacher probably doesn't like CMOS because they are too easy to kill via static electricity. Not good for a school environment where very few kids know how to properly handle things (save for their own.....nevermind). There's nothing intrinsically wrong with CMOS. In fact, there are many advantages over TTL. And for what it's worth, there are CMOS versions of nearly every common TTL chip.

That said, there is a CMOS based chaser on my electronics page, as wel as a bunch of other projects. To really impress your teacher, build the high voltage generator. Doesn't use CMOS, is cheap, and will provide you with much amusement.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

11 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2002 :  6:35:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aaron, are you really suggesting he should give his teacher a nice suprise of over 20,000Volts when he "Presses the magical button to see what happens"? I'm appauled!....not, frying your teacher is actually a good idea, i know in my Design Technology class i had to TEACH MY TEACHER! The only thing that he could do was wire a bulb up to a battery, then he would ask me if he got the polarity right! lol

Oh, impact, if you really wanna build something cool, go here: http://www.discolitez.com and build the deluxe32 circuit! I did, as it's christmas it helped alot with the various displays! A decent ammount of prior building skill is required, though! :)

And that's rather odd, because i have practically the same interests as you two!

Oh, and i use punctuation! ;)

Go to Top of Page

Alien
Apprentice

Canada
149 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2002 :  9:08:30 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Alien's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
HES RIGHT!!! YOU RULEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Love Lawnmowers...
Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

11 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2002 :  1:51:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Damn right!

Lawnmowers?

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2002 :  7:56:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know...lost me with the lawnmower comment.

High voltage is always useful to impress teachers, though intentionally shocking them may not be such a good idea nowadays. Course, I've been out of school for a while, so maybe in that time teachers have decided they like to be shocked? Doubtfull...

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

11 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2002 :  8:21:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still....Let Us Unite in the shocking of the teachers!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

67 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2002 :  10:24:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He disagrees with high voltage too. Someone in my class wanted to make your strobe light, and when he saw your high voltage thing he went into death mode. lol

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

67 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2002 :  10:24:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Btw, Fight Club Kicks Ass... I Was Gunna Put Project Mayhem But I Didn't Wanna Rip Them Off :)

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2002 :  12:01:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
But strobe lights can be seriously dangerous as they usually involve a 350V circuit that is NOT ISOLATED from ground. Very dangerous, especially for curious fingers. The xenon flash tubes can also explode if not properly treated.

As for Fight Club, it is one of the greatest movies ever made....Marla....

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

67 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2002 :  4:11:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dude, you like that chick, she looked like a hooker that was going through kemo or something...lol

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2002 :  3:13:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Marla is my kind of girl. Too bad she's only a fictional character.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

11 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2002 :  6:38:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poor Aaron! Poor, poor Aaron... *huggles* :)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

67 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2002 :  07:52:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol Im here at school and my teacher wants me to ask you is you can build him a z zapper. Z-Sean is a kid in our class and he always gets under our teachers skin, and i told him that you and me are tight, cause he gets stuff from your site all the time. And hes like, ask him if he can build a z zapper, so i asked :)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000