Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Miscellaneous
 Lounge
 Anyone used eMachineShop?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Aaron Cake Posted - Dec 28 2004 : 4:34:06 PM
I am curious as to whether anyone here has ever used eMachineShop? I have to make some flanges out of 6MM thick steel, and it would be a major pain to cut them myself with just a jigsaw (especially the inner circles). I'm sure there's a local shop that can do it for me, but I have been hearing some good things about eMachineShop. I just downloaded their software, and it seems quite impressive and easy (for a CAD package).

Anyone?

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Aaron Cake Posted - Jan 27 2005 : 09:13:00 AM
I should mention that I received my parts last Monday. I ordered a set of flanges to make a custom upper intake for my RX-7, and some other throttle body flanges (just in case). I had the parts cut on the water jet, and they came out perfectly. Total cost was quite high, but I had 3 of each part made, just in case. So that accounts for the higher price.

I'm totally happy with the service. It was almost exactly 1 month between the time I submitted my order, and the time the parts showed up at the door. I can see myself spending a lot of money on eMachineShop.

Oh, and they sent me two free rules with my order.

Aaron Cake Posted - Dec 29 2004 : 09:21:59 AM
The more I play with their software, the more I am impressed. I've never been very good at CAD, but I'm picking this up quite quickly. I think I'll just have my parts made, and then see how things go. Worst case is that I'm out $100.

And if things turn out well, I have a LOT of parts they can be doing for me in quantity.

There's just something magical about drawing a part, selecting your materials and machine, pressing the "order" button, and having it show up at your door a few weeks later.

Now, all I need is one of those neat 3D printers...

da-g-dog Posted - Dec 28 2004 : 5:24:18 PM
Never used them before, but it looks like a nice service. You might check out the BBB where they are located to see if they have any complaints filed against them.

hike master kyle

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000