Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Miscellaneous
 Lounge
 Growth, Body Height, I mean!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nerf Smurf Posted - Jan 19 2004 : 11:53:48 PM
Im 8th grade and i have to take a really high jump to touch the top of a doorway. Everyone is about 1-2 feet taller then me. What can i do? I dont know my height!?

BTW, Im not a midget, Im thin.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Nerf Smurf Posted - Feb 04 2004 : 11:20:46 AM
I know i stopped a week ago.

n/a Posted - Feb 01 2004 : 05:11:17 AM
And PS. I've realised that life isn't computer it's just a box filled with IC's so if you want to do anythin then you MUST...... LEAVE.......THE COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
try if u can do that then you will feel good, and like you've done somethin great!

SIEMENS MOBILE RULES
n/a Posted - Feb 01 2004 : 05:08:31 AM
When I was 12 I alsoo realy cared for my heigh, but now I'm 14 and I'm taller then all girls in my class. I alsoo realised that it isn't your heigth that counts, but your brains size... some classical stuff... anyway try skateboarding it helps, or streching... Typically if one of your parents are tall then you alsoo would be tall...

SIEMENS MOBILE RULES
Kale Posted - Jan 31 2004 : 1:52:02 PM
When you have a growth spurt your body grows faster then your nervous system can keep up with. This means that you become very clumsy until you get used to your new size. I was a very accident prone child for that reason.

Nerf Smurf Posted - Jan 29 2004 : 8:34:30 PM
quote:
(not as exciting as it sounds :( )

What do you mean?

n/a Posted - Jan 29 2004 : 5:08:53 PM
Most of this stuff is true, but I thought I'd put in my $0.02.
1) All fully-grown men are taller than their mothers. Don't ask how or why, they just are. If your mother is 2" taller than you, get used to being short. If she's 6'2", get ready for a growth spurt (not as exciting as it sounds :( )
2) Stretching has little impact on how tall you grow, but if it makes a difference why not? And, as Aaron says, get a tight ass while you're at it ;)
3) Your height when you are 12 counts for very little. I was the shortest in my year at school when I was 12, now I'm 1-2 inches shorter than the average, but at nearly 18 I'm still growing, so I wouldn't stress about it for at least another 3-4 years yet.
Oh, and the martial arts thing is really true- Bruce Lee was my height, about 5'8" :D

cirvin Posted - Jan 29 2004 : 10:42:55 AM
I woud sugest moving to a better neighborhood.

http://daxter12.topcities.com
Aaron Cake Posted - Jan 29 2004 : 09:21:10 AM
Um, OK... I guess it's all about perceived safety. In reality, they have about as much chance of protecting you when they are away as when they are home. Yet them being home makes them feel better about "letting" you out...

Nerf Smurf Posted - Jan 28 2004 : 10:23:22 PM
We live in a bad Neiborhood, plus theres a KKK right down the street. But they will let me out when their home.

Aaron Cake Posted - Jan 28 2004 : 09:36:51 AM
Parents who won't let you out have SERIOUS problems.

Nerf Smurf Posted - Jan 27 2004 : 8:28:52 PM
I would go roller blading, but i cant go outside much. My parents are too caring, and i only go out about 3 times a week.

Edited by - Nerf Smurf on Jan 27 2004 8:53:44 PM
cirvin Posted - Jan 27 2004 : 6:01:34 PM
quote:

Rollerblading is the whole body, and I have been told that it is probably one of the most effective outdoor activities you can do to keep fit. Sure keeps my ass tight.

Too much info..

http://daxter12.topcities.com
Aaron Cake Posted - Jan 27 2004 : 5:13:52 PM
Now by no means am I an expert, so take what I say as an opinion.

As far as I know, long walks are good for the heart, but not really anything else. It's not so much exercise because you walk anyway. In order to exercise, you must exert yourself in ways that you don't normally. This causes small tears in the muscle, which heal and form new, stronger tissue. This is how muscles grow.

Bike riding is great, but is mostly lower body. Rollerblading is the whole body, and I have been told that it is probably one of the most effective outdoor activities you can do to keep fit. Sure keeps my ass tight.

From what I have been told, if you are young, you should not be using weights. This is because your body is not finished growing. But I should mention that there's nothing special about weights. A bag of bricks works just as well as a fancy workout set.

Nerf Smurf Posted - Jan 27 2004 : 01:10:20 AM
So, 6 years till im 18,
Must...........Leave......................COMPUTER

Well thats something i have to stop. I have to put Being on the computer all day, in a box, along with bitting my finger nails, and just throw that box away. I dont have no weiths, And what is the best exercise to start with? I just learned how to ride in roller blades, so i cant ride in the streets, but i can ride my bike in the street, but is that i good exercise to start with. I heard that if you jump, Runin place, and streach, for 2 minutes eact exersice that you will grow over a period of time. Is that true? And on Health MD, there is some simulator that tells you how told you will be just by entering your dads, and moms, Height. and it says i would be over 6 feet. But, I didnt know there height so i put in a estamate.

quote:
Everyone is about 1-2 feet taller then me

I mean about 3-5 inches taller, lol.

This weekend my cousin can over and we went to the mall about 3 times and Wendys and some other places. I live close to the mall (close enought to walk, about alitle under a mile). Altoget there we have walked well about
4-5 miles. Also when i went over to there house, we took a 6 mile walk and somethimes got pumped on the bike. Should those long walks help?

Nerf Smurf Posted - Jan 26 2004 : 11:56:53 PM
Yea, i hear that groth spurt thing alot about me. Wonder how fast you shoot up when it happens?

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000