Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Miscellaneous
 Lounge
 The PSX (The Play Station 3) $700 FOOLS

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nerf Smurf Posted - Oct 08 2003 : 12:47:46 AM

Sony Corp. (SNE) showed off its PSX, the beefed up PlayStation 2 video-game machine that also works as a DVD recorder, analog TV, digital photo album and music player and goes on sale in Japan late this year for just over $700.

The offering from the Japanese electronics and entertainment giant underlines the intensifying competition in the industry to sell the idea of home digital entertainment that introduces computer functions from the office into the living room.

The PSX, slated for sale next year in the U.S. and European markets, took center stage Tuesday at the Sony booth at CEATEC Japan, an annual major electronics show near Tokyo, where Sony's rivals are also showing off their wares.
http://www.rednova.com/news/stories/3/2003/10/07/story001.html for more info

Edited by - Nerf Smurf on Oct 08 2003 12:50:54 AM
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Nerf Smurf Posted - Oct 27 2003 : 11:08:22 PM
Yea, all you need is a nice clean wall and a projector screen for your computer. BEWARE The bigger the monitor, the less Quility. its called resulution but i dont know how to spell it. lol.

n/a Posted - Oct 14 2003 : 09:51:00 AM
video always looks good on the computer, and the dvd player is $25... plus i have no tv in my room... i dont need one with surround sound, tv, dvd, and anything else i want on a nice big monitor!!

Yesterday USA, Jetzt Deutschland... RYE
Nerf Smurf Posted - Oct 14 2003 : 01:59:48 AM
Yea. A DVD sells at about $30-60 at wal*Mart

BEatonNo1 Posted - Oct 13 2003 : 6:17:14 PM
well dvd players are really cheap...plus they are less prone to have jumpy vidieo. alot of the new systems have the surround sound and dvd players all in one.

However I do agree about using the computer for most needs. music, gaming, surfing ect ect

n/a Posted - Oct 13 2003 : 09:51:01 AM
a lot cheaper that way... man it would be nice to have a projecter to go along with it, though...

Kale Posted - Oct 11 2003 : 11:46:08 PM
I just tend to use my PC for all my entertainment needs. I don't plan on buying a DVD player: I'm just getting a DVD drive in my new machine and a video card with TV out.

n/a Posted - Oct 10 2003 : 10:53:14 AM
yeah, and theyve got the remote control and all that crap, but i kinda meant that i wanted to build it myself... but your right, i forgot about M$ media center edition

Aaron Cake Posted - Oct 10 2003 : 09:19:22 AM
It already exists. Check out Windows XP Media Center Edition. Only sold with hardware though...

n/a Posted - Oct 10 2003 : 07:48:06 AM
more of the idea i mean though, that you have a system sitting at your tv that you control from your couch yet its like a dvd playeror something except you can do everything on it... those who put linux on the xbox have an idea of this... i dunno now im starting to confuse myself, damn, i think i need to go to sleeeeeepp....

Kale Posted - Oct 09 2003 : 4:18:34 PM
The PSX is more like the PS2.5
It has a PS2 core with DVD recording onboard and some improved sound stuff. Unless you plan on recording a lot of stuff onto DVDs, it's probably not worth buying.

n/a Posted - Oct 09 2003 : 1:25:21 PM
yeah with sony in a shake money wise theyd like to see this go through, but i dunno if ppl want it enough yet...

n/a Posted - Oct 09 2003 : 1:23:36 PM
damn, ive been dying to build something like that on a pc platform that is minimal (anyone seen the openbrick) as a music player, pc with internet, and can play games... and hook up to your tv and play dvds. it really is an awesome idea, but right now i dont think that the prices will go down dramatically at first... have to see when it gets here. but power users have for years had tv tuners and internet radio all while playing games and checking email, why not take it to the living room? size woulda been a complaint a couple years ago, but now, i think its a project that could be done and has been done by pc makers, just not yet successfully... maybe PSX can put a spin on the market. but you know, damn M$ will jump onto it pretty soon, as soon as they can put all their money into marketing it

BEatonNo1 Posted - Oct 08 2003 : 11:22:26 PM
Dude you really need to fix your "E" key

Yeah its the same thing but in a shiny box with some more bells and wistles.

cirvin Posted - Oct 08 2003 : 7:52:19 PM
no, th graphics should b th sam, just more featurs so they can drive th prices higher becaus the playstation 2 was overshadowd by a bit by the gamecube witch maks ho sns to m. i love th ps2

at last!!!
Nerf Smurf Posted - Oct 08 2003 : 6:32:24 PM
as soon as the PSX comes out the PS2 will be just "A Piece of Crap". Just like the PS1

Edward, A. Williams Jr.
Have a Problen with that?

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000