Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Electronics
 Electronics Repair
 FLAT SCREEN DEAD

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
YUSHA Posted - Dec 01 2007 : 1:02:44 PM
Have a HP VS17E flat screen monitor which is Dead.No power when small power on button is pressed.No LEd on ,no hiss or hum nothing.Fuse is good.Voltage reading good after first bridge rec.Nothing looks burned. monitor maybe 14 mon.old.Any ideas???.
Yusha
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cyclopsitis Posted - Dec 01 2007 : 2:43:11 PM
A friend of mine had an HP monitor and it would go dead everyonce in a while. I pulled it apart too and it a loose ribbon connector in the back of the monitor. They used a bit of tape to hold it in but the heat had made it soft and it kinda fell of with the connector. He ended up just mounting it ontop of some florecent lights... I don't know why I think he just wanted to take it apart and play with it after I re-taped it. So yeah I agree with guru "re-seat any cables".
Binary 1011001101 Posted - Dec 01 2007 : 2:27:31 PM
I had a broken flat screen, it turned out to be broken solider joint on the transformer I guess due to heating, I would suggest that you go over all of the major power solider joints with a soldiering iron and re-seat any cables...

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000