FLAT SCREEN DEAD
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

YUSHA
Apprentece

11 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2007 :  1:02:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a HP VS17E flat screen monitor which is Dead.No power when small power on button is pressed.No LEd on ,no hiss or hum nothing.Fuse is good.Voltage reading good after first bridge rec.Nothing looks burned. monitor maybe 14 mon.old.Any ideas???.
Yusha

Binary 1011001101
Nobel Prize Winner

United Kingdom
569 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2007 :  2:27:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a broken flat screen, it turned out to be broken solider joint on the transformer I guess due to heating, I would suggest that you go over all of the major power solider joints with a soldiering iron and re-seat any cables...

Edited by - Binary 1011001101 on Dec 01 2007 2:29:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

cyclopsitis
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
732 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2007 :  2:43:11 PM  Show Profile  Click to see cyclopsitis's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
A friend of mine had an HP monitor and it would go dead everyonce in a while. I pulled it apart too and it a loose ribbon connector in the back of the monitor. They used a bit of tape to hold it in but the heat had made it soft and it kinda fell of with the connector. He ended up just mounting it ontop of some florecent lights... I don't know why I think he just wanted to take it apart and play with it after I re-taped it. So yeah I agree with guru "re-seat any cables".
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000