Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Electronics
 Electronics Repair
 Blown resistors

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chandan.ahluwalia Posted - Nov 30 2007 : 04:25:52 AM
I have an amplifier which stopped working and when i opened its plate to see the pcb, the four resistors on it were carbon black and they are blown up i think as the power LED of amplifier turns on but sound doesn't come out from the speakers..
The problems is the colour codes on it is not readable so how can i find their values?
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
depressedsoul91 Posted - Mar 13 2008 : 11:52:02 AM
it depends......i'd go for the least expensive cause if the new one costs less than it does to repair your one now than id go for the new one and vice versa
chandan.ahluwalia Posted - Mar 13 2008 : 11:06:24 AM
Can anyone tell me that if a good audio repairer changes the blown parts such as transistors and resistance then will that amplifier work flawless as i have shown it to someone and he is asking for 400 INR and the new one is for 1600INR.. So shall i buy a new one or get it repaired?
depressedsoul91 Posted - Mar 13 2008 : 08:50:00 AM
ok all i can see is MRV-F50...my comps not liking me today so....
chandan.ahluwalia Posted - Mar 12 2008 : 4:31:26 PM
The color coding on those two are not useful as the readings for all other are different and the cause of them blown was extremely high volume..
And as i have already mentioned, the model os MRV-502 V-12.
depressedsoul91 Posted - Mar 12 2008 : 10:19:27 AM
on the pictures i can see the color code of the 2 vertical resistors kind of but u can check those, what is the model number on the amp?
chandan.ahluwalia Posted - Mar 05 2008 : 08:30:16 AM
But here are the links for photobucket-

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii196/chandanahluwalia/030320081197.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii196/chandanahluwalia/030320081198.jpg
chandan.ahluwalia Posted - Mar 05 2008 : 08:22:12 AM
I'm unable to upload it.. it says the page cannot be displayed..
wasssup1990 Posted - Feb 15 2008 : 06:56:17 AM
If it's not too much of a bother, why don't you post a few pictures of inside the amp... You know what they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.
chandan.ahluwalia Posted - Feb 06 2008 : 11:32:38 AM
ya.. i think so..
jorick Posted - Feb 03 2008 : 10:43:22 AM
well i think i can't help you because they don't react (tobad) i think you really need to replace the whole amp.
cyclopsitis Posted - Feb 01 2008 : 10:00:00 PM
My one friend had an Alpine amp that went up in smoke. He took it to a repare place and it ended up costing him almost $200 for the repare. If you're having trboule finding parts, schematics, tech support, and internet help you might aswell just replace it.
jorick Posted - Jan 30 2008 : 10:18:47 AM
i can't find anything just by searching the internet (just like you) so i have mailed alpine if they can get me a schematic or something in that direction so i hope they mail me back so you can get the schematic that you need so just wait a little longer (i hope they reapond this week)
you will hear from me laiter
chandan.ahluwalia Posted - Jan 29 2008 : 12:56:32 PM
ok.. thanks.. actually i searched a lot but didn't find anything about it..
jorick Posted - Jan 29 2008 : 12:02:48 PM
oke i will search for you i hope i will find something for you that you can use i will react back in a day if i found something or not

btw i have already searched a little but i think i already know what the problem is: i have searched on the official alpine site and they don't have a product with that name (for as far as you can trust an internet site) i will continue seaching so don't worry
chandan.ahluwalia Posted - Jan 29 2008 : 10:59:59 AM
Well, the amp is 2 channel,alpine MRV-F502... Silver body, and thats all i know..

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000