40w chokeless flourescent lamp using 12vdc
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sicode
Apprentice

67 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  7:59:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just new here and dont know where to post questions. I need direction on how to construct a 40w chokeless flourescent lamp. I need this like hell. If you can spare me your time, just mail the solution to me. I am running an assignment. Let me not freak you out to ask for a summary of the processes involved.

Cool stuff! Works better than ever!

Edited by - Sicode on Oct 03 2011 08:45:04 AM

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2011 :  10:25:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Have you tried Google? Or even looking on the circuits page on this website?
Go to Top of Page

Sicode
Apprentice

67 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  10:19:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, but cant find exactly what. Not tried it without a choke before. Thanks for your concern. Still searching.
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  10:24:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Some way to step up the voltage is necessary, so a choke or transformer is going to be the way to do it.
Go to Top of Page

Sicode
Apprentice

67 Posts

Posted - May 14 2011 :  5:17:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I could finally try the 40watts fluorescent project. The source: http://www.talkingelectronics.com/projects/FluorescentInverter/FluorescentInverter.html
however i used 2N3055 and 104n capacitor. Exact specification on parts not found in my area. The tube came on instantly on test. The brightness was fair as a result of old battery used. It is a good project. The transistor never heated a bit. I was amazed at it. No heat sink was used. I guess this could be as a result of the transistor used which withstands higher power.
However I have tried to reconcile the project with mathematical calculation. Project is selfcontradictory with my calculation. Does anyone have a clue on how to do the stage-to-stage calculation on this project, or even a brief mathematical summary?
I will be glad to hear from you all. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000