Basic Electronics
 12V SLA BATTERY CHARGER
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

thunder

Botswana
3 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2011 :  07:37:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit thunder's Homepage  Send thunder an AOL message  Send thunder an ICQ Message  Click to see thunder's MSN Messenger address  Send thunder a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

I want help with the calculations of 12V SLA Battery charger, i tried but i think i might be wrong so guys can u help please, i want to buy the parts so that i can build it.

Download Attachment: BatteryCharger12vSLA.gif
12.72 KB

PARTS THAT I WANT THEM TO BE CALCULATED ARE AS FOLLOWS:
PARTS LIST
12v SLA Battery Charger
$xx.00

2 - 1R8 0.5watt resistors
1 - 150R 0.25 watt resistor
1 - 180R
1 - 560R
1 - 1k5
3 - 2k2
1 - 3k3
1 - 4k7
1 - 8k2
1 - 1k mini trim pot

1 - 1n ceramic
2 - 47u 25v electrolytics

1 - 5mm red LED

4 - 1N4148 signal diodes
1 - 10v 0.25watt zener
1 - BC 547 transistor
2 - BC557 transistors
1 - MCR100-6 SCR
1 - 1m red lead
1 - 1m black lead
2 - alligator clips
1 - 2m very fine solder

1 - SLA Battery Charger PCB

Also required:
1 - 12v AC transformer (500mA AC)
1 - power lead
1 - case

O.Sebako

pebe
Nobel Prize Winner

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  02:10:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is there to calculate? The values are all given.
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  08:24:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He wants you to travel to Botswana to find all the parts and price them.
Go to Top of Page

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  09:05:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdG1Hczh2Zg

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity.
When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  10:19:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
In the local phone book, there should be a section for "electronics suppliers" or "electronics components". Start there. Otherwise, parts can be ordered online from mail order companies such as DigiKey at http://www.digikey.com . Most of these companies ship world-wide.
Go to Top of Page

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  10:53:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In Australia there is a $30 shipping fee from Digikey, which sucks. Your order needs to be at least $200 for free shipping. I don't know what the shipping cost is for Botswana. You should look it up in an attempt to avoid some crazy shipping or customs charges.

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  10:16:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That's why when dealing with any company online, it pays to check their shipping instructions for orders out of North America. Generally there are local suppliers which can be found via a Google search.

I don't get the shipping cost increase in most cases. I just shipped some stuff to Peru, and it cost the same as shipping to Washington.
Go to Top of Page

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  10:45:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, in the case of Digikey it's just not feasible for me to buy from them if my order isn't over $200 unless I am really desperate for some product that only they have. For supplies and R&D I just get parts from element14 or RS components which have free shipping in Australia with a minimum order cost of $10.

There was a very good MOSFET that I wanted from IXYS for a project I was working on but for some reason when I went through the online checkout DigiKey told me the manufacturer prevents shipping to Australia. What's up with that? Maybe I was looking at a restricted military component. Who knows?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000