New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kivdenn
Nobel Prize Winner

Uganda
535 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2007 :  06:26:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of recent my TV has failed to power on. It has an LED which turns green when it has powered up and it turns red when the TV is turned to standby. But now the LED alternates between Green, as in an attempt to power on, then it turns to Red as in an attempt to go to standby and and it makes a high frequency noise and the process repeats over a thousand times. What could be the problem with my TV? Is it with its power supply? Thanks
Dennis

cyclopsitis
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
732 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2007 :  12:24:30 AM  Show Profile  Click to see cyclopsitis's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have heard this problem before. It was a REALLY long time ago when I worked at radio shack my friend Dennis had a TV that was doing this exact thing... I'll email him and I hope I can get a quick answer.. I know it might not be the same brand but atleast it will give you a place to start because all TVs are the same the same building blocks just like building a house.

Anyway I'll see if he remembers what was wrong with it.. I know I can't.
Go to Top of Page

mrgone
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2007 :  4:20:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How old is it? It sounds like the horizontal output voltage. See if the flyback has any arcs around it. Take cover off and fire up and turn lights off in room. You could just have some corrosion not letting the high voltage through.
Go to Top of Page

kivdenn
Nobel Prize Winner

Uganda
535 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2008 :  01:13:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought it when it is second hand imported to my country due to the damping tendencies of most business men but it has stayed with me for 2 years. What do you mean by arcs. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

gagandai555
Apprentece

Australia
18 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2008 :  02:35:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually i'm not too much in electrical stuffs but i guess it's probably because of voltage fluctuation. as MRGONE said that might be because of having deficient on letting voltage through but it might also be because of voltage fluctuation from the power supply itself. do you think your other home appliances also facing the same problem? the best thing you can do is connect your TV through the voltage stablizer that you can buy in a local electric store cheaply and see how it works.

because of you said you bought the TV in second hand imported, i doubt 'bout the voltage specification. because normally we have 110/220V~50/60 Hz power supply but somewhere it's 330V and that might be the factor that your appliance can't withstand the higher voltage. either that input voltage adoptor on your TV might not be working well as MRGONE said.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000