Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

Brent

Australia
1 Posts

Posted - May 19 2008 :  09:09:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi!I put car battery charger clamps on wrong posts.Have I blown up the charger as it smelled a bit,can it be fixed,and how has the battery been affected? thanks Brent

B
Go to Top of Page

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - May 19 2008 :  09:45:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
-
The battery's fine. You'll have to desolder the blown parts in the charger and replace them with exact or equivelent parts.
-

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity.
When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.
Go to Top of Page

kivdenn
Nobel Prize Winner

Uganda
535 Posts

Posted - May 20 2008 :  09:09:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kivdenn

How can I modify this charger to charge a 24V battery bank? Thanks

Guys why no body is replying me on this question please help cause I realy need to modify this circuit to a 24V battery charger. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

kivdenn
Nobel Prize Winner

Uganda
535 Posts

Posted - May 27 2008 :  09:47:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please do me favour and answer my queation. thanks
Dennis
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  09:47:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Modifying the circuit for 24V is simply a matter of using the appropriate transformer and calculating the voltage divider to switch the SCR at the appropriate point (R1, R2, R3).
Go to Top of Page

kivdenn
Nobel Prize Winner

Uganda
535 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2008 :  09:36:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How about R4,R5,R7,R8? They seem to be making a voltage devider, dont there values change in the 24V Configuration? Thanks
Dennis
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2008 :  11:27:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Don't worry about those...

The switch voltage is set by R1-3.
Go to Top of Page

adnansamra

39 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2008 :  03:02:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear all,
I think that this circuit is great, but it needs one thing to be totally magnificent, it is mentioned in teh notes that if main power was off the charged battery will slowly be discharged by teh circuit if the circuit was not shut off by the switch, can anyone make an adjustment to autmatically switch off the battery connection to the circuit in case no power is applied ? I think it is very important to reach this solution
Go to Top of Page

adnansamra

39 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2008 :  07:25:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I found the answer to this but i need to make sure if I put a diod right in the + pole of the battery i think it will work, but one thing to make sure of is will teh design made to use pulses affect the charging process,I need help here any one?
Go to Top of Page

pebe
Nobel Prize Winner

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2008 :  08:39:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Look at page 3 of this thread. Using a diode was discussed there.
Go to Top of Page

adnansamra

39 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2008 :  02:29:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry,
I have not been to all the pages, so I assume that means it will work , ok but where to put it on the positive bath of the battery or negative bath?, will a certain bath stop the circuit from working ? while the other bath is OK ?
another thing I am planning to use this to make an uninturrupted power supply what I am planning to do is the following I am going to utilize the battery electricity to use 741 to work as a not gate and after it a switching transistor to switch on battery power once a main power on input is off what do you think will it work?
thanks for the help in advance

Go to Top of Page

pebe
Nobel Prize Winner

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2008 :  07:09:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The diode can go in either the positive or the negative battery lead. What do you mean by 'a certain bath'?

I cannot see how you would use a 741 opamp as a NOT gate. Could you explain in more detail?

Edited by - pebe on Jun 22 2008 07:09:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2008 :  10:33:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You can't put a diode in any of the leads. Doing so will prevent the charger from seeing the voltage of the battery.

Also, please keep discussions of the op-amp based battery charger out of this topic.
Go to Top of Page

adnansamra

39 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2008 :  12:20:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So Aaron you are not with pebe about what he said in page 3 that when a diod is used the electricty sensing will sense flat volatage so it will recharge and then it can see the voltage limit?
about the OP , I am not going to use it to charge the battery it will only sense the main power to know if it is applied or not if it is it won't give the Switching transistor teh signal to open the battery's circuit to the load and visa vers what do you think?
Go to Top of Page

pebe
Nobel Prize Winner

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2008 :  7:23:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Cake

You can't put a diode in any of the leads. Doing so will prevent the charger from seeing the voltage of the battery.
Read my posting - and think about it. If you feel there is something that will prevent it working, then please explain.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000