Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

lester

Philippines
3 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2007 :  10:17:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you very much.... one last quesation, do you know wat output current it would generate? knowing it will give me an idea on how long it would charge batteries of diferrent type. thanks....

lester
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2007 :  10:55:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The maximum current is set by the rating of T1. How much current the battery will accept depends on the voltage you charge it at. This cicuit will generally supply 3-5A of current if you have a transformer capable.
Go to Top of Page

patogh
Apprentece

5 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2007 :  12:04:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everybody, i have a question, how can i control the time of charge of a lead battery in these circuit???
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2007 :  10:08:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The charge time depends on how long it takes the battery to reach it's fully charged voltage. It's entirely dependant on the batter itself.
Go to Top of Page

freelirodskater

4 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2007 :  03:41:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ei what if i cant find brx49 SCR for Q2? what else can i use to replace it...pls help me..tnx!
Go to Top of Page

patogh
Apprentece

5 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2007 :  10:09:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Aaron for the answer. I have a new question, i cant find R2 (100 ohm pot). I found a 1k ohm variable resistor, can you tell me how can i change the resistors with R2 value 1k ohm?. Thanks gg.
Pato
Go to Top of Page

patogh
Apprentece

5 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2007 :  6:12:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, I have another question. How can i reduce more the oscillation effects?. In my cricuit i have a little oscillation when batery is becoming final charge. Thanx.
For information, I put in my circuit a full wave rectifier and it never charge the battery. Maybe its necesary to change some resistors values.
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2007 :  10:18:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You can use fixed value resistors for R2 as it's purpose is to just set the final charge voltage of the circuit. The trick is you will need to try a bunch of values to get the proper finish voltage. Or get a 50 Ohm pot and put a 50 ohm resistor in series, or any combination of the above.

The oscillation is normal.

The full wave rectifier will not work as the SCR needs the voltage to fall to zero in order to turn it off.
Go to Top of Page

zouzanda
Apprentece

Lebanon
8 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2008 :  11:21:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello i have a question and i need an answer as fast as posible plzzz. how can i limit the output charging voltage to a max voltage lets call it A and a min voltage for it to start to charge again called B and thanx in advance
Go to Top of Page

zouzanda
Apprentece

Lebanon
8 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2008 :  11:30:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
one more thing if i wanna make it a 10 A charger should i just change the T1 or i need to change Q1 and Q2 too?
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2008 :  10:43:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Looking at the circuit, you can see that nothing limits charge current except for T1, D1 and Q1.
Go to Top of Page

zouzanda
Apprentece

Lebanon
8 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2008 :  11:43:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what if i wanna linit the charge to a high voltsge snd a low voltage?? for example to stop charging at 13,8V and to start again at 11.8V plz if u can help me as soon as posible cz i really need to implement the circuit
Go to Top of Page

zouzanda
Apprentece

Lebanon
8 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  11:59:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok i did the circuit i just need to know should i leave it to charge then the light will turn on and i can adjust it or what should i do cz until now the light is not turning on even though iv been chrging it for 30 min and the volt meter on the end reads 13.6v while the battery is conected plz if someone could help me i apretiate it :)
Go to Top of Page

zouzanda
Apprentece

Lebanon
8 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  1:57:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im geting 6v to 7v on the output mt T1 is 220-12 5A
is that normal cz i think with this voltage Q2 will never turn on right?
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2008 :  10:55:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The circuit will automatically begin charging again if the battery voltage falls below the turn off point. This is why it is "automatic" and not "manual".

You need to adjust the finish voltage as per the instructions on the site site before the light will work properly. Have you followed these instructions?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000