ZONE-ALARM PRO
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

61 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2003 :  10:29:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many people suggest me an affordable firewall known as Zone-Alarm Pro... It cost 39$ (US) and is very easy to install. Is it a trick? Do I need the protection they advertize? What can I do? Please suggest or inform me! Thanx, André

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2003 :  10:47:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if you are looking for a fire wall I would suggest looking at symantic and norton. they have some reliable and affordable firewall systems that you would be able to depend on

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2003 :  09:46:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I don't recommend ANY software firewalls at all. Cause nothing but problems in my experience. Either use a hardware firewall (Linksys, Netopia, etc.) or configure your OS securely from the start.

Go to Top of Page

Virus
Apprentece

19 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2003 :  10:07:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate firewalls, period. Whenever I would like to send a file to a friend or he wants to send a file to me its gets denied and there is no transfer. :(

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2003 :  09:16:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hardware firewalls are a good thing. Software firewalls (which most people don't know how to properly use) are more trouble then they're worth. Most OSs are surprisingly easy to configure securely. And a good antivirus utility (I recommend Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition) will be much more worth the money.

Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2003 :  10:31:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I believe that a symantic has a very reliable hardware firewall systems that are designed for small buisnesses. and I have seen the linksys router/firewall for (if i can remember right) $140.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

18 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2003 :  2:39:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Use Linux as a router/masq box. Forget the rest.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000