cnc milling
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2005 :  12:53:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Solar Car team has recently acquired a CNC mill. To keep up with maintenance costs we may start machining parts for people (not for free of course) Right now we are working on software issues, but I will keep yall informed.

Edited by - Beatonno1 on Mar 04 2005 03:26:07 AM

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2005 :  1:26:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
here is a little video thing i threw together....I have been messing around with the g code functions and having it drill in patterns and random stuff.....
The first thing is a piece of plastic i had it drilling holes in a circle
the aluminum is the heatsink for the motorcontroller. and thats a picture of it with all the mosfets mounted at the end.

http://members.aol.com:/beatonno1/mill.wmv

Go to Top of Page

classicrocker12

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2005 :  10:42:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit classicrocker12's Homepage  Send classicrocker12 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey i was reading and my drafting teacher, mr Jeff wright at LHS in stockton, ca has a benchman. i ve seen it work and it really nead. currently i only making a house model, but in high school i probably make acooling head for my traxxas revo. he uses AutoCAD w/ 3D and itll mill 6061 aluminum.

Live long, rock hard.
Go to Top of Page

classicrocker12

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2005 :  10:45:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit classicrocker12's Homepage  Send classicrocker12 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
damn. that is one sick mill. also, ive made 2 1st place projects on a shopbot, CNC robotic router. www.shopbottools.com. tight mill

Live long, rock hard.
Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2005 :  01:30:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thats pretty cool, do you make the sides and assemble it? or do you do it and layers and glue them on top of each other?

We use solidworks to make our parts for the solarcar. Its alot simpler than autocad for making solids. The part then can be exported into Master Cam and that is used to generate the tool paths (for complicated stuff).

Today I machined the first part that was machined in solid works....it was just some simple cuts ( kinda looks like heat sink fins) but it was a pretty big step as far as software goes. I might post a video of it. the next step is to make brake caliper brackets for the car.....

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000