Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

45 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2003 :  05:16:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to post a pcb picture (8k, jpg) in my ir pcb topic, but i dont know how, when i press insert image button - "" appears. I don't know html, so i don't know what img has to do with posts. Would you be so kind as to explain how that option is used?

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2003 :  2:36:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The picture button inserts the code to let the forum know you are entering a picture URL. This is NOT HTML code, but rather "UBB" code. It was originally designed for the UBB forum, and the name stuck.

Basically, if you want to post a picture, you need to have it on a webserver somewhere. Then, when you know the address, you enter:

[ img ]http://www.aaroncake.net/me.jpg[ /img ]

Notice I included a bunch of extra spaces in the IMG tags. This was to prevent the forum from actually turning that into an image. The code above will result in this on the page:

The image button makes it easy by already writing the IMG tags for you.

Edited by - Aaron Cake on Mar 18 2003 2:37:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

45 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2003 :  3:58:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
testing now
[ img ]ftp://u8581@ftp8.masterhost.ru/varyag.modlabs.net/pcb/ircrt/recv1.jpg[ /img ]

no, i dont see the picture :) it's because the ftp is password protected? maby i could simply email them to you - so you would post them for me (since you have your ftp already)? and since i don't care 'bout copyright you could use them as you want

Edited by - varyag on Mar 18 2003 4:04:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2003 :  10:22:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It's because you put the spaces in between the brackets and the tag. I specifically mentioned that I did that so it wouldn't post the image and instead show you the tag. If you remove the spaces between the "[" and the IMG tag, it will work.

Also, read the forum FAQ: http://www.aaroncake.net/forum/faq.asp

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

45 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2003 :  3:06:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
testing now

Edited by - varyag on Mar 20 2003 3:13:00 PM

Edited by - varyag on Mar 20 2003 3:15:39 PM

i'll post it later, now it doesn't seem to work

Edited by - varyag on Mar 20 2003 3:17:44 PM

Edited by - varyag on Mar 21 2003 12:54:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

45 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2003 :  12:55:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it works! i'll post pcb's now

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

18 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2003 :  7:10:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mmm... gotta give this a try ...

John

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2003 :  2:01:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
What the hell is that?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

45 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2003 :  2:56:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
where do you think i came from? We call them "Children of Chernobil" here... they float through the streets at full moon nights sometimes...eat little children too.Anyway they are considered the vanquishing type and thus under the state protection :)

Edited by - varyag on Mar 22 2003 3:04:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Hassan Kude
Apprentice

Nigeria
63 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2003 :  04:54:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
children of chenobyl?,and they eat children?
what really is that?.never seen anything like it.are those extra eyes its got?.

Zig Zag
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2003 :  09:41:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Children of Chernobil eh? That's interesting and disturbing at the same time. Interesting how an industrial accident can be integrated into a culture, but I guess it makes sense.

We don't really have any equivelant here, though I guess the "boogy man" would fit the bill. Eats/kidnapps children at night.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

45 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2003 :  1:57:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know, over 17 years culture might have changed a bit, the whole towns disappeared after the meltdown. Vast areas are considered contamination zones, there are blockposts and fences so no one is allowed in or out. There are ghost villages and whole towns without people. Rumors say there are new types of mutated fish appearing in Slavutich river and no one really knows what's inside the sarcophagus itself. So why shouldn't one speculate 'bout the mystery of uknown? Well winded off a bit, sorry:)

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2003 :  10:05:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I would imagine the rumours of the fish are quite true...20 years is easily enough time for that much radiation to thoroughly mess with the gene pool. As far as the building itself, I would be curious as well. Would be funny if some workers survived, then have reproduced and have their own little society in there...But realism dictates that probably all that will be found is mangled equipment and long-dead corpses. Guess we'll know soon enough, since the cement casing is beginning to crumble and needs to be replaced...

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

45 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2003 :  3:51:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yep, the whole thing is falling apart, the rainwater flows in and out of it and than to the soil - people say they saw really strange plants growing near #3 zone (there are 4 of them, the 4-th is an open area, most people simply refuse to leave their homes radiation or not, all of them are beyon 55 thou) As for the corpses - you'll find no single bone there :) Most of the workers died on their way or in the hospitals. The rest are now a special social category with numerous privileges (among the most funny is their children need only 50% of exam scores,required to enter a state university - you'd think they are brain addled or somesuch)
sarcophagus replacement is not planned by the way - it'll be patched, they want the whole area to be an international testing ground or something.

Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2003 :  9:00:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
isnt that off of an american movie about a silver spaceship that has a liquid skin and some kid who is missing for 30 years or something and is ezamines by the military. anyways he goes back into time and is ok in the end.

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - May 14 2003 :  12:28:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

isnt that off of an american movie about a silver spaceship that has a liquid skin and some kid who is missing for 30 years or something and is ezamines by the military. anyways he goes back into time and is ok in the end.

Flight Of The Navigator. Excellant movie. I would also recommend The Explorers and The Goonies if you like Navigator.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000