Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 63

shivick21
Apprentice

Philippines
57 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  12:21:27 PM  Show Profile  Send shivick21 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
guys? can i use other types of multi vibrator in this project?

nothing anusual..
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  5:52:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The CD4047 IC was used as an oscillator in the 500W inverter project because it does exactly what is needed and is cheap and available:
1) It operates fine with a supply up to 18V (a transistor multivibrator has emitter-base avalanche breakdown in its transistors if the supply is more than about 6V).
2) It uses a single resistor and capacitor to oscillate fairly accurately at 100Hz or 120Hz.
3) It has a built-in flip-flop frequency divider to make outputs that have exactly 50% duty cycle at 50Hz or 60Hz.
4) One of its outputs is inverted from the other output.

There are no pulses. Each half of the center-tapped transformer winding are driven with opposite-polarity square-waves.
Go to Top of Page

akin_ralph

Nigeria
1 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  8:31:52 PM  Show Profile  Send akin_ralph a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, can somebody help me out on how to construct a 3000watts inverter?
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  9:32:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An inverter to make 3kW continuously would use a whole room full of huge batteries and would cost a fortune to make. Where would you go to have a custom-made transformer made for it?
Go to Top of Page

shivick21
Apprentice

Philippines
57 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2006 :  10:52:10 AM  Show Profile  Send shivick21 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by audioguru

The CD4047 IC was used as an oscillator in the 500W inverter project because it does exactly what is needed and is cheap and available:
1) It operates fine with a supply up to 18V (a transistor multivibrator has emitter-base avalanche breakdown in its transistors if the supply is more than about 6V).
2) It uses a single resistor and capacitor to oscillate fairly accurately at 100Hz or 120Hz.
3) It has a built-in flip-flop frequency divider to make outputs that have exactly 50% duty cycle at 50Hz or 60Hz.
4) One of its outputs is inverted from the other output.

There are no pulses. Each half of the center-tapped transformer winding are driven with opposite-polarity square-waves.

is there any other way to find if my oscillator working? can i add some LED to the pin 09 and 10? just enough to find it flipping? i have made one inverter w/o IC. (the one sir aaron diagram although i use the alternative one....) it works but my initial output is only 150volts... its a 1Amp 12v center tapped - 220 transformer but it only generates that much power... on the other hand, i use a 7.5VCT 750MA transformer and it generates around 400volts (my Digital Multimeter cant calculate so i use my old analog tester) i can lit a 10W bulb.

aniweis... im also making another set of inverters... for now. im ganna stick with this two....

nothing anusual..
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2006 :  11:17:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shivick21
is there any other way to find if my oscillator working? can i add some LED to the pin 09 and 10? just enough to find it flipping?

No wonder your CD4047 oscillator doesn't work. You have the wrong pin as its output. Its pin 9 (input for external reset) is supposed to be grounded and its outputs are pins 10 and 11.
I don't know which schematic you are looking at. The link to the 500W inverter project that I posted before is gone now and I can't post the schematic here.

quote:
i have made one inverter w/o IC.
i use a 7.5VCT 750MA transformer and it generates around 400volts

i can lit a 10W bulb.

The transformer has your 12V battery switched by the transistors to each 3.75V half-winding so if it is a 120VAC transformer then its output voltage is a 384VAC p-p square-wave. The transformer's power rating is only 5.6W.
Go to Top of Page

shivick21
Apprentice

Philippines
57 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2006 :  11:12:01 PM  Show Profile  Send shivick21 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
WHA~ Sorry~ im kinda sleepy that night... i just miss typed it.... there is no problem in my board layout. pin 11 and 10 is in the right place. but i dont know if the oscillator is working or not...

BTW.. I have saved somes schematics in my archives, i think the one u modified and some other inverter projects... ill just post a link here..

nothing anusual..
Go to Top of Page

shivick21
Apprentice

Philippines
57 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2006 :  12:25:58 AM  Show Profile  Send shivick21 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Audioguru Mod Inverter
http://aki21.50webs.com/500Watts_Inverter.GIF

Other Inverter Projects
http://aki21.50webs.com/Inverter01.png
And Other Inverter Projects
http://aki21.50webs.com/Inverter02.gif
here's the external Link http://www.interq.or.jp/japan/se-inoue/e_ckt8.htm and http://www.interq.or.jp/japan/se-inoue/e_ckt30.htm

All Credits goes to them.. ^_^

nothing anusual..
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2006 :  1:45:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shivick,
Your aki21.50 links are "forbidden".
The Japanese inverters are cute but very low power.
Go to Top of Page

shivick21
Apprentice

Philippines
57 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2006 :  03:21:17 AM  Show Profile  Send shivick21 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
ohh that one.... try removing http:// that would help. i think there's some problem on my webhosting server....

nothing anusual..
Go to Top of Page

n4nauman

Pakistan
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  08:26:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is veray intesting circuit
Go to Top of Page

Mbatenzoh

Camaroon
1 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2006 :  1:17:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have seen the above inverter 12/120V but what i actually need is DC12V to Ac230v/50Hz. I will be grateful if you can sent to my email box the schematic diagram that can light bulbs, radio,Tv etc.
thanks for your understanding
Jean

jm
Go to Top of Page

solarcereal

1 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2006 :  10:10:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great Forum Boys! I've really enjoyed reading all the entries. I've built the original inverter design posted on the web over two years ago. Originally, the protoype is powered by a 12 V motorcycle battery and the most AC I've gotten is 52VAC. Tested the battery to find it had a charge of 11V! The battery is old. I replaced it with a "new" 12 V alarm battery which promptly fried the caps. I reversed the caps but now I have a great deal of heat building up in both 5 watt resistors. I'll try your 500 watt inverter next...Thanks for all the great stories and information!

Alecia
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2006 :  10:25:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 500W inverter that I fixed has been deleted from that site and replaced with a "fix" by the site's moderator that will blow up.
Go to Top of Page

tim
Mad Scientist

198 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  6:47:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so people any new inverter ideas yet.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 63 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: