Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 63

WaasiL
Apprentece

5 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2006 :  08:15:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot for your kind information audioguru.
Although, you said it is simple, I cant draw it my self as I can't visualize how it looks like.

Where can I get the Chinese schimatic one which you are reffering to?

Please continue your kind help.

Regards,

WaasiL

Edited by - WaasiL on Jun 17 2006 08:17:24 AM

Edited by - WaasiL on Jun 17 2006 08:22:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2006 :  09:05:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A CD4047 oscillator has just one IC, one resistor and one capacitor. It drives two push-pull Mosfets. The Mosfets connect to a center-tapped transformer. A simple inverter is that simple.

I can buy a very nice Chinese-made inverter for a low price. It is small, has a fan inside for cooling, a display of the output power and battery voltage. It probably uses a pair of Mosfets to drive its transformer with a square-wave.

Go to Top of Page

tinker290

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2006 :  04:03:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what site can you get this chinese inverter from you mentioned here. I just got a 2500 rated inverter it has no fuses or low voltage cut off or reverse hook up protection. atleast it has the 2 fans. How would i go about making this safer from overloads and shorts I would also like to control the fans by a thermostat instead of having 2 fans running constantly thank you in advance
Go to Top of Page

emeka@yahoo.com

Nigeria
1 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2006 :  04:54:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aaron, from all the question and answers, do you still insist on ur circuit diagram or will you modify,and is that diagram the only way to produce an inverter , what are other ways, because it seems that capacitors is been a probrem there. has it any problem Making the transformer more than or less than 12 turns , and increasing or reducing the secondary turns as well

don
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2006 :  09:17:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be happy to post a proper inverter schematic if someone provides one. I don't have the time or desire to design one and if I do, people will just poke holes in it.
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2006 :  2:06:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
People only poke holes in crappy circuits that blow up and don't work!

I posted links to a few simple inverter circuits that work, but now the links are gone.
Go to Top of Page

klem

Nigeria
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  2:52:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mr moderator what is the problem with ur circuit why are people complainng have u really yried it ur self ?if it works pls asure me to go ahead with it if not kindly state the required components that will make it work.
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  7:58:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This inverter project doesn't work. There are a few other inverter circuits on the web that work fine.
I can buy a Chinese inverter at a local store that works fine and costs a lot less than the parts to make one.
Go to Top of Page

klem

Nigeria
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2006 :  08:54:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So how can u get it for me but after that i really want to know how to build it myself so kindly help me out with that mr audioguru.u can sent it to my mail clemangelus@yahoo.com and how to get the inverter.thanks alot
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2006 :  3:01:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are inverter projects that work properly on other electronics chat forums. This inverter is there too.
There are chat topics about making low power, high power, square-wave, modified sine-wave and pure sine-wave inverters with circuit examples.
Go to Top of Page

kivden

Uganda
1 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2006 :  09:55:14 AM  Show Profile  Send kivden an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by audioguru

Hi Phoenix,
It sounds like you need an inverter that is rated for 500W.
If you can't get a microwave oven transformer, there is another item that has a suitable transformer: a 500W inverter!

Cheap imported inverters are available that work well and are small because they use Mosfets instead of ordinary transistors. The inverters even have a digital display that shows how much power their load is drawing, and error conditions such as over-temp, over-current or low-batt.
You could take the transformer out of one of these beautiful little inverters and use it in your big ugly inverter.

Man can you get me an easy but working inverter schematic. You can post it to kivdenn@yahoo.com or just do me a favour and send me the URL on my mobile +256712727311. You will have saved me so much. God bless YOu all.
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2006 :  4:04:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I helped fix and improve a 500W inverter on another electronics chat site:
http://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/power/033/index.html It uses common transistors instead of Mosfets that were rare in The Philipines where it is used a lot.
In the forums on that site there are many discussions and circuits for inverters. The simplest one uses a CD4047 oscillator IC with a resistor and a capacitor to set its frequency, two Mosfets and a transformer.
Go to Top of Page

ZETABOY

2 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2006 :  2:37:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any have a plan plans for build an Iverter of 5000 watts. i want buld a inverter of 5000watts
Go to Top of Page

ZETABOY

2 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2006 :  2:42:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oops paper plans . if any have a idea or have one My adress is jgdiaz55@yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2006 :  8:04:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A square-wave inverter is about 83% efficient so a 5000W inverter would heat with 1000W. If the battery is only 12V then the current would be a whopping 500A! A car battery would explode! 5 big car batteries in parallel would run the inverter for only 1 hour before their charge is gone.

Rediculous.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 63 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000