New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kevinloh
Apprentice

Brunei
121 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2004 :  07:09:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aaron, I think it would be a good idea to open a new subcategory about Pyrotechnics. So people can ask questions and discuss on topics such as firecrackers, powders, casings, tubes etc. Well, its just my opinion.

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2004 :  11:54:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It's a great idea....until someone blows themselves up.

Go to Top of Page

kevinloh
Apprentice

Brunei
121 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2004 :  6:41:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, you could create a disclaimer page so they could not press legal charges against you or others say that is for educational purposes only.

Visit http://www.xsorbit2.com/users/xinventionspyrotechnics/index.cgi to see what I meant.

Go to Top of Page

Chamkeeper
Mad Scientist

278 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2004 :  12:37:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Exactly...

I used to post a lot more info on the 'net until someon I knew got sued because some lawyers kid burned the garage down. These days a lot more gov't agencies are looking for 'pyro' sites too.

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2004 :  09:07:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Disclaimers are pointless for a number of reasons:

It's not a legally binding contract without a signature and a witness.

Someone under 16 (age varies depending on your location) cannot enter a legally binding contract.

And I'm sure some other reasons a lawyer could point out. All the disclaimers are really for the comfort of the webmaster. Anyone injured (or, more likely, their parents) could still sue and probably would. Especially when you consider how lawyer-happy the US is...

Besides, there's TONNES of that info available everywhere else.

Go to Top of Page

kevinloh
Apprentice

Brunei
121 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2004 :  6:39:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info, as I didn't really knew that the disclaimer was pointless. You know that the word 'Without Prejudice' used in letters. Well according to my uncle (he's a lawyer) if you wrote a letter to someone and wrote without prejudice on the letter at the top, the person receiving it, or whomever cannot in any cicumstances used that letter as evidence to press charges against do you know that already Aaron?

Go to Top of Page

gokartmaniac
Apprentice

Germany
105 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2004 :  6:50:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit gokartmaniac's Homepage  Send gokartmaniac an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i just made a pyro page on my forum located at my website the url is below

www.freewebs.com/sethmeredith
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2004 :  09:23:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Are you sure that's true? Not doubting you, but it seems rather odd that just adding two words to a letter, without the receiving party actually agreeing to it in contract form, would make such a large legal difference....Sort of like those "we are not responsible for lost or damaged items" signs in coat checks. Well, you are responsible, ragardless of what the sign says...

But I'm not a lawyer, I only play on on the forum.

Still, with all the crap these says (starting 3 years ago in Sept.) about weapons, violence, etc., I don't want to become involved in distributing such information.

Go to Top of Page

kevinloh
Apprentice

Brunei
121 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2004 :  03:16:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well its true according to my uncle but it's only on effect on letters. The Without Prejudice is a very 'powerful' word. That means if you wrote a letter and accidentally or purpoesely wrote something inappropriate the receiving person cannot press charges against you no matter what. ;)

Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2004 :  10:35:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the one that really gets me is the signs theyre starting to put on dumptrucks and gravel trailers. "keep back 200 feet, we are not responsible for windshields"

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000