Canada
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2004 :  7:32:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was talking with someone from school the other day and he was talking about one of the middle providences is considering joining the US. I find this kinda bizzare. can any Canadians affirm this

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

38 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2004 :  8:12:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yah, thats quebeq. it was a few years ago and they decided not to in a close vote.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

38 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2004 :  8:14:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
actually ther wanted to become independednt. mybad

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2004 :  09:22:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Not that I know of, but I don't follow politics.

Go to Top of Page

Kale
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
795 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2004 :  1:58:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kale's Homepage  Send Kale an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Ummm... no, I don't think so. The only Canadian province with a grudge is Quebec, and that died out years ago. That and if Quebec did separate, there's no way they'd join the US because of Quebec's cultural protectionism.

Go to Top of Page

Kale
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
795 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2004 :  2:01:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kale's Homepage  Send Kale an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
One strange thing I heard was a poll recently to determine just how different Canadians and Americans are in their beliefs and moral systems. Here's an example:

Gay Marrage
US 55% against
CAN 30% against

'To be moral you must believe in God'
US 60%
CAN 30%

The US comes across as being much more conservative then Canada from the poll. Canada tends to be more like the Europe then the US.

Go to Top of Page

Chamkeeper
Mad Scientist

278 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2004 :  12:28:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Take polls with a grain of salt. If you take a poll about God after Sunday church you get far different answers than friday nite at the pub, from the same people.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000