Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2003 :  11:50:35 PM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You know thos people who go into fourums and just say stupid things lik "u r all gay" and " fuck everyone". god thos people just agravate me soo much. first of all, it contributes nothing to the topic, and second of all, it shows how much of a dumbass you are. god, you think they could think of somthing more clever or not ven saying anything at all. lik aaron said "it is better to be thought of as a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

at last!!!

da-g-dog
Mad Scientist

USA
231 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2003 :  12:42:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit da-g-dog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

like aaron said "it is better to be thought of as a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Actually, I believe it was Abe Lincoln

hike master kyle
Go to Top of Page

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2003 :  11:37:17 AM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
wll i first herd of it here

at last!!!
Go to Top of Page

Brian
Apprentice

USA
106 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2003 :  1:14:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Brian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hate it when people do that. For example, at the qbasic.com forums, someone once came in and made a post about how everyone there sucks, and how they're so stupid to program in a stupid language! The funny thing was that the forums show the poster's IP address, and his computer gave out a lot of information about him...

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2003 :  4:07:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
People I Hate: *.*

LOL. Anyway, yes, trolls are quite annoying. No problems here lately since I banned a certain IP range. What I hate even more are all those people who basically contribute nothing. People with like 10,000 posts yet only make posts like "yeah iagree" (sic) and what have you. Or the ones that post wrong info even though they know it's wrong...

Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2003 :  8:33:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You shouldn't hate people its unhealthy

I suggest using these healthier words: despise, loath, detest, abhor, and disfavor

Go to Top of Page

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2003 :  9:35:06 PM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
no, i quite hate them

at last!!!
Go to Top of Page

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2003 :  06:32:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You should band the person for a week or so and then unband them, give them a chance, if they keep doing it. Terminate them. I mean take them off the members section. Daah!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

96 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2003 :  09:29:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes i agree, but dont u think that these people who are making dumb posts are most likely dumb people, and have no use to the forum anyways>... ban em i say, then let em know that google does exist!!! past the first page of results, too!!!

Yesterday USA, Jetzt Deutschland... RYE
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2003 :  09:57:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I just block their IP ranges. That denies them access to the entire site, and prevents them from emailing me. When I update the site, I will have the capablity to ban IP ranges just from posting information. So they can still see the entire site, but everytime they try to use a form they get denied.

As for people I hate, I REALLY hate people who are so lazy they beg others to do their work, when a simple web search would have sufficed.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

22 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2003 :  4:57:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yea I've had to ban this guy since he was posting stupid comments that aren't even close to being true in my guestbook. His IP is dynamic so i had to ban his range from the cgi-bin so he can see the site but not post. It's funny when you look through the logs and see 403 next to his IP

Go to Top of Page

Nerf Smurf
Mad Scientist

USA
390 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2003 :  11:04:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nerf Smurf's Homepage  Send Nerf Smurf a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Aaron, you banned someone. Umm, the one that you said was holding the enter botton, for hours. I think when you baned him you also baned ben-seg. What do you mean update the site? Update everything? Does that mean add new schematics and such, or just change the feeling and/or apperance of the site. Spell check will be helpful. lol. Keep up the work!

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2003 :  09:34:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
If ben_seg is on the same IP range (AT & T Chicago), then there's nothing I can do. If I want the.....other undesireabls....banned, then he is as well.

As for updating the site, yes, I am updating a lot of it. Colours and basic appearence stays the same, but there are some tweaks to make tables and such look more modern. Maybe 1 new circuit just because I think it's neat, but I will not be updating anything else electronics related as it says already basically everywhere on the site. The rest of the site gets lots of updates.

Most of what I did this time is back end stuff. Web based admin, etc. Make my job a lot easier since things right now are done manually.

There is a new version of the forum which should make a big difference, but upgrading means taking this one down for a week or so while I "merge" the database.

Go to Top of Page

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2003 :  3:33:09 PM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i like the simplicity of this forum. others are just too cluttered. this one is very neat and tidy. the format of the posts is also desirable. not alot of graphics cluttering up everything. i don't know why people are complainig about the color scheme, i tink it is easy on the eyes

Go to Top of Page

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2003 :  9:33:22 PM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
another type of people i hate is the ones who will lie when yuo ask them a question. like if they said they would do something, they don't, and the person who asks finds his stuff ruined by rain, asks teh guy if he did his job and they make up a lame ass lie. right to your face! god you think people would take more responsibility. personally, if you told the truth to me, ill only be angry for like 5 min then i wil forget about it, but if you lie, i wil hold it against you for a while.

Go to Top of Page

tcd
Apprentice

USA
72 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2003 :  9:44:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

YEAH ! ! Im with you guys 100%
These knuckle heads MAKE IT HARD for
people who really have LEGITIMATE questions
that need experienced answers. I agree there needs to some sort of filter, to block out those who intend on" wrecking havoc". Because there are decent people who have real, hard to find answers, topics,and questions.

THANKS,

TCD

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000