Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Epsilon!
Mad Scientist

Canada
276 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2003 :  1:01:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all..
I was just bored and I was wondering what is the funniest, weirdest or the most stupid thing that has happened to you or that you have done..?

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2003 :  6:25:22 PM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
just look at the topics: soldering iron burns, and electrical disasters. there are some funny tories there

next stop: nobel prize winner!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

37 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2003 :  7:34:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the dumbest thing I have ever boon is playing with chemicals with out knowing shit about them well as you can imagine I was heating shit with a burner and it blow up it came up out of the test tub and came down on my hand it left a 2"x2" burn on the back of my hand the skin came off about 5 min after that I am very lucky that it did not blow the test tub up and kill me

Edited by - semper fi on Aug 12 2003 7:36:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2003 :  8:47:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well for me it was catching pyromania while vaporizing gas in my boiler....and deciding i should try lighting the gases comming out of the boiler....Ill let yall figure out what happened

Go to Top of Page

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2003 :  10:02:02 PM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
can of wd-40 and a tiki torch. nuff said.

Go to Top of Page

Epsilon!
Mad Scientist

Canada
276 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2003 :  10:56:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha.. been there done that...
I was making a flamethrower and some wd-40 got on the nozzle, anyway.. nozzle got on fire.. melted the stuff inside and wd 40 sprayed out. I almost lost my face..

Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2003 :  11:22:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
when that happend to me and a friend...the can exploded. but it wasent WD-40 it was some sort of varnis remover.

Go to Top of Page

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2003 :  4:22:01 PM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
to go into more detail. i dropped the can on the sidewalk and it landed on the nozzle witch stuck open. i picked it up and some vapr got in the flame. i couldn't stop the flaming can so i took it to the hose and extinguish it. we let it drain and threw the evidence away.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

10 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2003 :  2:37:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Umm.. lets see... I plugged a DC-DC powersupply into the 240volt mains...

plugged a bridge rectifier connected to a fluro tube into the mains..... anywho... seeya...

Go to Top of Page

Chamkeeper
Mad Scientist

278 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2003 :  02:32:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@22 yrs old I had a moment of terrible judgement.

Driving home from a social event, after installing the NOS system a week or so before, (in '86), to a turbocharged, intercooled motor, I decided that the police and I needed to race/drive crazy that night. Bad Idea.

They wrote a ticket for four serious counts and only a great (high dollar) atty. saved me. I retained permision to drive, barely.

Shut it off and save your license...

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

14 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2003 :  08:46:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I once repaired a bare 240 volt wire while it was turned on.It bit me,lucky those circuit breakers work.It does tickle abit.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000