Bandwidth payment...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chamkeeper
Mad Scientist

278 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2003 :  02:41:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems the same few folks have been jamming this typically great site with jiberish,,,

you should compensate Aaron for it....when it's your nickel, it will effect your attitude....

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2003 :  09:49:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
There will always be some "chatter" on any forum. It's good, and builds community. I have even provided an area for Off Topic stuff (ie. Lounge).

The problem I have is when idiots flood the forum (ie. Comrad Andre). This is dealt with swiftly and brutally (blocking the entire subnet).

As for bandwidth, this site does about 18 Gigs a week.

Go to Top of Page

Kale
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
795 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2003 :  11:50:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kale's Homepage  Send Kale an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
That's pretty impressive! How'd you get so popular Aaron?
I guess there's a lot of hobbiests out there impressed by your site (myself included)!
Thanks for putting up with the crap you have to put up with to make this possible!

Oh, how did that traffic accident you witnessed go the other day? You mentioned you were involved in the cleanup?
Hope nobody was hurt to badly.

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2003 :  4:11:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The whole accident write-up can be found at http://www.aaroncake.net/misc/showthought.asp?thought=33

Go to Top of Page

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2003 :  11:49:34 PM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
18 GIGS A WEEK!!! wow! i'm probably pullin a few megs a week myself..

are you auto accident prone!?!?

Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2003 :  12:30:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
no joke...I use that auto refresh....mine refreshes every minute

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6718 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2003 :  09:26:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I was not actually involved in the accident, just a witness. But yes, I am auto-accident prone. Women usually run into me just after I have done something major to the car.

As for the auto refresh, please pick a more reasonable time. 1 minute is pretty excessive when there are only 20-30 posts a day.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000