Power supply for audio amp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ashirdaniel
Apprentice

India
66 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2015 :  11:03:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Ashirdaniel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm making an audio amplifier on 12v 5amp supply. But when I connect it with the power supply, the speakers are making some buzzing sound. It wont go high when increasing volume and won't decrease also. I connected my amp board with another supply of 1 amp and it doesn't have that problem. It was a f full bridge supply without centertap. I'm using a 12v dual 5amp supply. For this amp, I connected just *12v and 0. ( I didn't used the negative part) . So what is the problem and if I want to make another supply, which circuit should I use. Half Bridge rectifier with two diodes or full bridge with four diodes. I have a 12-0-12 5 amp transformer.

Dany

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2015 :  10:50:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Post up a schematic of your circuit. But most likely, you are hearing mains hum. Which means that you have inadequate filter capacitors after the rectifier, or some other way of the unfiltered AC/DC leaking onto the final stage of the power supply. Could also be a board or wire layout issue. Posting pictures of all would help.
Go to Top of Page

Ashirdaniel
Apprentice

India
66 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2015 :  09:14:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Ashirdaniel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I replaced my smoothing caps with a bigger one and now its solved.

Dany
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2015 :  09:43:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Glad you got it sorted out.
Go to Top of Page

Tharanga
Apprentece

Sri Lanka
6 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2018 :  11:36:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have made two 12V chargers using your circuit & both perfectly working.
Thank you for the circuit diagram.

Now I want to make a 24V charger. What are the values of components ?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000